Free Member
Feb 12, 2014
Lanarkshire
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
The only thing I would like to ask Harley riders.

I have ridden all sorts during my motorcycle life journey.

A 2013 Vespa and 1928 Rudge reside in my garage at the moment.

But lots of big bruisers and semi sports bikes spent their time there over the last few decades.

But no matter what I ride most other bikers acknowledge you on the road.

BMW riders have a bit of a reputation in the matter but Harley riders are legendary.

Why don't you wave/acknowledge other motorcycle riders?

:thumb::thumb:
Just like MH some wave some don't I always wave

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I used to think it was old Trumpet riders that never waved.. Then I rode one and found out why .. they dare not take a hand off the bloody bars !!! :Eeek: :ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
You will have to make do with this then

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2BqFFw6G0o"]2014 Harley-Davidson demo rides Moose Jaw Saskatchewan - YouTube[/ame]

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
The one with the Porche engine is the only one I like enough to buy

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obzw68ALSVU"]2013 Harley Davidson Nightrod Special ride through hills - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyVc5iL8JwU"]2014 Harley Davidson Night Rod Special VRSCDX Sound , Custombike , 280er, Airride - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
I wouldn't want a Harley personally, I have ridden a few and find them slow and heavy and they are not for me, the HD riders I see regularly are very clickey, don't respond to other motorcyclists, all dress the same and wear p*ss pot helmets which I am sure would not save them in a serious accident, but it's all their choice and we should not decry them for it.

OP
OP
Gauntlet

Gauntlet

Free Member
Feb 12, 2014
Lanarkshire
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
I wouldn't want a Harley personally, I have ridden a few and find them slow and heavy and they are not for me, the HD riders I see regularly are very clickey, don't respond to other motorcyclists, all dress the same and wear p*ss pot helmets which I am sure would not save them in a serious accident, but it's all their choice and we should not decry them for it.

Slow have you been on the latest Harley's they will keep up with most Japs

Oct 29, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9090df
Exp
20 years (unless you count my dads VW which makes it 52 years with a few gaps!!)
Slow have you been on the latest Harley's they will keep up with most Japs

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXsoAdh5P5g"]Hildo´s Harley vs Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade - YouTube[/ame]

Be careful what you wish for::bigsmile:

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2010
Reading
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Returned 2010
Waving

We recently did R66 on a Wing (together with 7 other Wings, 1 BMW and 10 Harleys)and everyone waved at everyone, in fact it was a bit like a mobile Mexican wave going on.

In the UK we always wave to anyone even though we are on a BMW (K1200LT) and do not always get a response, but then in the RV its the same sometimes you do sometimes you don't.
I suppose some are on Autopilot and some just can't be asked.

WaveyWave.gif
WaveyWave.gif
WaveyWave.gif
WaveyWave.gif
WaveyWave.gif
WaveyWave.gif

Arthur

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Over the years I have had various bikes from Harley's to Yamaha at present don't have one but that's about to change tomorrow I'm of to the Harley Dealers to get on a bike again can't wait

I'm trying to understand this, you are going to a HD dealer to buy a bike ?

I'll have to keep trying.

OP
OP
Gauntlet

Gauntlet

Free Member
Feb 12, 2014
Lanarkshire
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
The clue is at the top of the page, it says FUN.

I wish I haven't started this post as a new member I was just excited at the prospect of getting the bike, you mention fun I would say fun tinted with envy never again

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Potato, potato, potato, potato, potato, potato etc.

OP
OP
Gauntlet

Gauntlet

Free Member
Feb 12, 2014
Lanarkshire
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Potato, potato, potato, potato, potato, potato etc.

Look as you can see from my last post I regret placing the original post and as I say I'm a new member and can assure you I've learnt a lot about this Forum

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Look as you can see from my last post I regret placing the original post and as I say I'm a new member and can assure you I've learnt a lot about this Forum

Nay lad, loads of bikers on here.

My mate has a tractor, and I always take the piss when we go for rides.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp

Don't regret it. Your post triggered a lot of banter but none of it was addressed at you.

Ask a question about Thetford toilet maintenance and it won't last as long but I would be surprised if it didn't get a useful answer. Your Harley post just generated more interest.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
very sad to see some on here taking things far too seriously and missing the point of the jokes.

you rarely see envy or willy waving on here. so what if somebody has a bigger better more expensive, different brand of toy or just an old rustbucket it makes absolutely no difference whatsoever. just be happy with what you have is my advice. what suits one person and their personality will rarely suit everyone else

to get upset by silly posts on a forum helps nobody especially your own blood pressure. lifes far too short for such things, so get out there and enjoy it and keep moving along:thumb:

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997

I can see what the original OP is saying , excited to be getting back on two wheels, just happens to be a Harley, I personally hope he has a great time with it, :thumb:

hdvrod

Free Member
Dec 27, 2011
devon
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since jan 2011
For Yorick:Smile:

Attachments

• 76256_662549687119746_605378975_n.jpg
    76256_662549687119746_605378975_n.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 11

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I wish I haven't started this post as a new member I was just excited at the prospect of getting the bike, you mention fun I would say fun tinted with envy never again

Give over, this is FUN bikers having FUN. It's what we do.

I got a new(ish) bike in December, I know the feeling. All the FUN bikers ( of which there are hundreds ) know it and are right behind you.

Look at old-mo's signature where he expresses the feeling perfectly.

Fingers crossed for loads of good weather to use it.

hdvrod

Free Member
Dec 27, 2011
devon
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since jan 2011
Had to repair ours few times,little flap keeps coming detached!

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
Going off at a tangent but has anyone else just glanced at Gauntlets avatar and thought it had more than a passing resemblance to a horses head?:Smile:

And please Mr. Gauntlet, this is not a personal attack on you or Harleys but merely an example of my sense of humour and how I perceive things. :winky:

UK Pete

Free Member
Jan 16, 2014
kent
Funster No
MH
Renault van conversion
Exp
on/off since 1991in campervanss
Guys there does seem to be a divide between cetrain types of bikers ie sports bikes, cruisers, commutors etc, but at then end of the day if your a true biker then you have respect for other bikers , i always give the nod to others regardless off style of bike, i have over 20 bikes many different types, although none harley i still like them , the nearest i have to a harley is this, strangely enough people think this is a harley from a glance, and take the piss about it being a compressor , tractor, piece of shit etc, but i just think it is funny, the old saying is sticks and stones,
its just banter at the end of the day dont be offended gauntlet
pete

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back