South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Jeeeezus
Just because you can!!šŸ˜
Just think of the big N&B, Concorde or small Morelo I could have now if I hadnā€™t started down the bike routešŸ˜¤šŸ˜¤šŸ˜¤

you wouldnā€™t believe the money Iā€™ve wasted on anything with ā€œHDā€ on it, plus all the trips to the rallyā€™s and of course the ultimate BIG one at Sturgis in South Dakota in 06šŸ¤ÆšŸ¤ÆšŸ¤ÆšŸ¤Æ

OP
OP
Tigertom
Oct 21, 2017
Funster No
Excuse my language but its like a giant vibrator ! Great if you wan't the Mrs all over you, bit embarrassing if you have taken out one of the neighbours for a backie as they have never been on a motorcycle, and who in their right mind would post they ride a * FAT Boy!"* Harley culture in one!
You canā€™t have ridden one with the Milwaukee 8 engine, die hard Harley fans donā€™t like it because itā€™s too smooth !
Obviously itā€™s not turbine smooth like some Jap fours but if you like anodyne machinery go for one of them ......bet you havešŸ˜‰

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
You canā€™t have ridden one with the Milwaukee 8 engine, die hard Harley fans donā€™t like it because itā€™s too smooth !
Obviously itā€™s not turbine smooth like some Jap fours but if you like anodyne machinery go for one of them ......bet you havešŸ˜‰
I have, check out my list, 2018 Roadking!!
Hated the motor, the chassis was the best Harley chassis Iā€™ve ridden (still not in the BMW or jap league by a long way)
Best motor I had was the 103ā€ tuned motor on the 2005 Screaming eagle Electraglide, handled like a pig tho, it had the ā€œHarley wobbleā€ (google it)šŸ‘šŸ‘

Lucky

Free Member
Nov 9, 2019
Limousin France & Yorkshire UK
Funster No
MH
Sunlight Cliff 600XV
Exp
Since 2016
You won't be able to go out in the wet as it'll take days to clean it. Enjoy.

Spray the engine when it's cold with GT85 (and almost anything else apart from tyres, exhaust and matt paint) and the bike will clean up a treat if you're accidentally caught in the rain.

The product contains PTFE (Teflon) and dirt washes off like water from a duck's back. Don't worry about marking the black finish, it doesn't, but will keep it looking like new.

If you also apply Muc-Off Miracle Shine (includes Carnauba wax) to anything glossy, including chrome, you could ride through a cattle yard, rinse off with a hose and have the bike looking showroom fresh again.

You know it makes sense, after all, the UK climate is unpredictable to say the least.

1599748751751.png
1599749087079.png

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
There are a couple of redeeming factors, it gives you the pleasure of getting it out of the garage and polishing it every Sunday morning and finding a very long straight road to ride it once a month.

Lucky

Free Member
Nov 9, 2019
Limousin France & Yorkshire UK
Funster No
MH
Sunlight Cliff 600XV
Exp
Since 2016
There are a couple of redeeming factors, it gives you the pleasure of getting it out of the garage and polishing it every Sunday morning and finding a very long straight road to ride it once a month.

I do find these comments tiresome.

Being a current owner of a European bike and a modern Harley I can say with authority that, when you imply they aren't good in the bends, you are either trying and failing to be funny or you're demonstrating your ignorance. I'd be amazed if you have ridden a modern Softail.

stevewagner

LIFE MEMBER
May 14, 2013
Pevensey Bay
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Yonks
Still got my '93 ST1100 as I haven't found anything better!!!

We're off for a post-quaratine tour round Norfolk on it this weekend...
I had an ST1100 for years and loved it, but then I bought a Blackbird XXX and moved to another level!

OP
OP
Tigertom
Oct 21, 2017
Funster No
I usually put between 14 and 15 thousand miles a year on my bike, donā€™t see why this will be any different.
If your up to it Iā€™m doing John o Groats and back from Leicestershire next week.... your welcome but I guess it might not be hardcore enough for you.šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Did you know that since Harley started producing and selling bikes ( some 113 years ago ) more than 93% of the total production are still on the road somewhere in the world

The other 7% did finally make it home

Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp

Being a current owner of a European bike and a modern Harley I can say with authority that, when you imply they aren't good in the bends, you are either trying and failing to be funny or you're demonstrating your ignorance. I'd be amazed if you have ridden a modern Softail.
I am not ignorant norr is the family of retired policeman who went round a bend in rugby and could not make and went straight into front of a lorry, I have a friend who was going round a slow bend exiting an M5 services, he could not hold the weight and dropped it, he had his wife on the back, he sold it fairly quickly

Nov 8, 2019
Surrey
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2017
I am not ignorant norr is the family of retired policeman who went round a bend in rugby and could not make and went straight into front of a lorry, I have a friend who was going round a slow bend exiting an M5 services, he could not hold the weight and dropped it, he had his wife on the back, he sold it fairly quickly
Poor driving then. I drive my cars according to which one I'm in. I know their individual capabilities and I certainly couldn't take a bend in one at the speed I can in one of the others.
Don't understand all these negative comments when the guy's just chuffed with his new purchase and wanted to share it.

OP
OP
Tigertom
Oct 21, 2017
Funster No
You really have got issues......so what bike do you ride?

OP
OP
Tigertom
Oct 21, 2017
Funster No
Poor driving then. I drive my cars according to which one I'm in. I know their individual capabilities and I certainly couldn't take a bend in one at the speed I can in one of the others.
Don't understand all these negative comments when the guy's just chuffed with his new purchase and wanted to share it.
I totally get it if people donā€™t like Harleyā€™s or any other bike for that matter but the dog mans reasoning is pathetic at best .šŸ‘Œ

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Anyone interested in a
Harley custom build (95% ) complete ,needs building up then deasemble and paint then build back up. New Inch and half custom frame (Ā£3,000 ) new Ā£5,000 plus 1500 Harley engine (never been started, genuine Harley not a copy) new wheel s and tyres plus boxes of bits to finish the build. Harley log book paid Ā£1000 for it .Gearbox etc, Everything is new. It's been waiting for my brothers mate to finish the build for about 5 years, maybe longer šŸ˜„Custom builder worked on British biker build off, so you know it's built right šŸ‘ Fed up of being fobbed off by Brother and Simon ,builder. Every time I ring up to see how's it's going or should say not,Yeah nip he's going to do it next couple of months. Finally lost patient's and just want some money back and sod the Harley.I have about 9.5 k in this and my brother quite a bit more on custom parts like gear linkages, brake stuff , exhaust,lights etc, Open to senseble offer's

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 yearsā€¦.

Plenty of people around who cannot ride bikes, see them most days on the road.
Just a matter of time before they crash.

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Enjoy your new bike. Theyā€™re not my cup of tea but that doesnā€™t matter. Weā€™re all riding the bikes we want to ride. It would be boring if we all rode the same bike. I have ridden a Harley, l really struggled having my feet forward, felt out of balance. You never know how your taste in bikes may change though. So never say never.

Tea break

Free Member
Jul 28, 2018
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
You get out and enjoy that bike and ignore all the negative comments Iā€™ve had a good few bikes in my time including Harley-Davidson for over 10 years been all over Europe with the wife and luggage never had a single problem with it even riding the grossglockner. only just sold my heritage as it was getting a bit to much moving it about with a buggered knee and snapped Achilles and down sized to a t100 bonneville a great bike just different just enjoy your new bike and ride safe.

Attachments

• D06E6E84-1147-49D3-90CA-EC5536F272AB.jpeg
    D06E6E84-1147-49D3-90CA-EC5536F272AB.jpeg
    346.4 KB · Views: 20
  • 62C258A1-9809-450B-9261-43550FE698D5.jpeg
    62C258A1-9809-450B-9261-43550FE698D5.jpeg
    195 KB · Views: 19

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
Iā€™ll bet you donā€™t take that bike out in the rain ! tigertom.:love:

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2019
The Fylde
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
Hmm went to a RN biker rally in the early 1980's and a local Harley dealer provided some bikes for evaluation, ,,,,Nobody managed to get the soft tail around the first corner without falling off!! Not and never will be my cup of tea, more vibration than a nymphomaniacs sex toy, to quote a biking journalist * It broke down so many times that the AA refused to attend! * and who wants to admit in public they ride a fatboy? Its just American Jingoism and while I appreciate that some do not vibrate very much or don't breakdown between services all it takes is a grey haired tattooed( later in life) wannabe *rebel* with extra loud pipes, because * Loud pipes save lives!* to alienate the majority of the public with the ear splitting noise of a bike saying Potato Potato Potato as it thunders past trying to give the impression of the ultimate in being cool,,,,,,,,,,,Not my idea of freedom but for those * Rebels!* out there join the AA or RAC and please don't tamper with the exhaust and your tattoos and cut offs no matter what you think are not unique as other lemmings have done just the same to show how * unique and rebellious* they are! Go to a Van Dutch Custom show and self gratification is guaranteed :LOL:

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2019
The Fylde
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
I will slightly back pedal in saying I went to the Manchester museum of Science and Industry a few years ago to look at an exhibition of Harley Davidson bikes and they were fabulous and very inventive customs , but enjoy your bike ! If we all thought and did the same life would be boring

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )

I find some Hardly Moving owners tiresome
Having had the misfortune to HAVE to work on several ( contractual obligating ) I have very few good words to speak of them apart from Isambard Kingdom Brunel would probably be proud of the engineering .. in fact any engineer from the 19th century would have been impressed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back