Hard water (1 Viewer)

Apr 21, 2018
Funster No
Hi can anybody help I have an Autotrail Imarla 730S and the water tank gang is now playing I believe this is most likely due to our hard water furring up the sensors. The entrance to the tank is via a round cap underneath approximately 6 inches in diameter. Looking through the opening I can't see anything to spray, Any ideas please.
Pete

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Maybe you could put some limescale remover in the water. HG make some good products. There may be one specifically designed for motorhomes,but they probably contain the same chemical.

But be careful not to put it through your water pump,it might wreck it if too strong a solution.

• Informative
Reactions: f6c

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Hi can anybody help I have an Autotrail Imarla 730S and the water tank gang is now playing I believe this is most likely due to our hard water furring up the sensors. The entrance to the tank is via a round cap underneath approximately 6 inches in diameter. Looking through the opening I can't see anything to spray, Any ideas please.
Pete
We stay and travel frequently in Scotland which, generally, doesn't have hard water and our AT Frontier tank sensors still misread frequently. We use Puraclean, others will recommend different products, and it works for a wee while however......
We just ignore what the sensors say as it's a very common problem.

Oct 8, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Excel 600B
Exp
Previous VW Camper + Caravan
We are also in a very hard water area. When I had the same problem in my AT, I removed the large screw cap on the bottom, and feeling inside, located the 4x sensors protruding through on the side of the tank. I filled an old spray bottle with white wine vinegar and liberally sprayed it on the sensors. I left it a while, and then rubbed them over with Scotchbrite. It restored the readings perfectly. However ...... 3 years on, I think I need to do it again. No suprise, as our house kettle gets visible limescale after boiling it twice!! :(

Reactions: f6c
Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
I fill my tank with citric acid/water mix, then flush through to the boiler, then into the waste tank. I leave in each section for a period so it can clean each area, then flush through with clean water.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
citric acid crystals dissolved in water in the tank. Take it for a drive to slosh the water about. Then leave overnight, before pumping round the water system and boiler. Turn the boiler on to warm up for 30 minutes then off and leave to cool. Finally flush it all into the waste tank, take for a drive and allow to work before draining down.
Unlike white vinegar citric acid leaves no smell or after taste. Brewers have been using it for years

ÂŁ14.75 for 5 kg which is plenty for up to 10 applications depending on the capacity of the tank
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-...0001&campid=5338547443&icep_item=380293921492

Oct 8, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Excel 600B
Exp
Previous VW Camper + Caravan
citric acid crystals dissolved in water in the tank.................
That sounds good. What concentration of citric acid crystals to water do you use?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back