Hard to find Travel Insurance (1 Viewer)

Jan 10, 2012
London
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbe
Hi All

I'm hoping the vast amount of experience within MHF can point me in the right direction, I'm looking for travel insurance at a reasonable price but due to health conditions/history this seems to be a problem.

Question is who do you use for your Travel Insurance, where I might get a good deal.

Thanks in anticipation of some helpful suggestions.

Sep 12, 2016
Chesterfield England Tellus 3
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
Well I know where you are coming from with
Heart problems
Pancreatitis (they ABSOLUTELY HATE this)
and Spinal Injury

We have found two companies the will cover me
Caravan CLub Red Pennant for up to 66 days on an annual and 90 days on a single trip
Stay sure YES REALLY!!!!! surprised me too up to 100 days

we are using Staysure this year simply as we can have 94 days in one trip at a time

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Try Covered2Go, we're about to renew, joint annual multi trip including cruise for £102. They use a seperate company for medical vetting and the extra is added to the premium. We first used them 5 years ago after Non Hodgkins treatment and a couple of other long standing issues but no longer take the medical cover for those particular ailments. I seem to remember it was an extra £40 odd back then.

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Nationwide using the Flex Plus Account - insurers are UK Insurance. We pay £280.00 for the year for trips of 4 months. This covers quite a few medical issues and also includes the extra time away as it is usually for 90 days. They will also cover for six month trips at an extra cost.

May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
C Class: Low profile
Exp
Boatie for 20 years
Barclays, Premium Account, £15/month includes international travel, RAC cover and other bits and bobs

Dogeared

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 16, 2013
Blackburn
Funster No
MH
Eldiss autoquest 155
Exp
Since 2011
As long as your doctor will state you are fit to travel, eurotunnel are ok. Their insurance policy has three basic questions on it, no need to list illnesses etc.

It was £155 for 6 weeks in total for the two of us.

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Staysure for us at one time now we use Nationwide but you have to get a certificate from them Before you go otherwise your not insured as we found out on our last trip.
We had to rely on The EHIC card. Thankfully not used.

OP
OP
John745
Jan 10, 2012
London
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbe
Can I firstly thank very much the contributors above who have given their time to reply.

After much looking (hours......) with quotes from £400 to over a £1,000, we have settled on the Eurotunnel option at £131 for 5 weeks single trip.
They only insure for Europe which is fine for our MH trip and will need to do further investigations when we take a far eastern trip.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back