LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years
We have alsorts of troubles going on all around the world the eu has plenty of problems of its own and what does it do...........bring in rules to limit the power of vacuum cleans. :madder:

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Brill ....they walk amongst us !

I got two 2200w think I'll tuck em away sell em on black market in a year or two :D

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
We were discussing that yesterday. But they have to do something with the billions we give them :doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

octopush

Free Member
Sep 28, 2012
portsmouth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
2days
I think they are not going to stop with vacuum cleaners.

It will be kettles fan heaters ect ect.

Not long now till we are out of the EU i hope

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
It said on the news this morning hair dryers are on their target list as well. No more discussions on generator sizes needed for the other halfs hair.

OP
OP
Steve

Steve

LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years
Yes Carol you have it in one. Half the power double the time. Same amount of power used, just your life got shorter.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Now I know I am nit the brightest button, but surley a lower watt hair dryer will take longer to dry your hair, same with vacuum cleaners :doh:

If you can remember back into the mists of time the hair driers used to take ages to dry your hair ...................... 'Cos they were low powered :rolleyes:

Just doesn't make sense does it.

Mack100

Free Member
Jul 27, 2013
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
Even though it's enormous fun to bash anything that comes out of the EU I would have thought that the idea is to promote the efficiency of vacuum cleaners.
Wattage simply indicates how much electrical power is used by the cleaner and is not an indicator of how efficient the vacuum cleaner is at doing what it's meant to do, pick up dust.
Unless people think that electrical energy is freely and cheaply available and it's means of production is not a finite resource then designing efficient machines and not simply power hungry machines is the way to go.

Not as much fun as EU bashing I know, sorry.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Even though it's enormous fun to bash anything that comes out of the EU I would have thought that the idea is to promote the efficiency of vacuum cleaners.
Wattage simply indicates how much electrical power is used by the cleaner and is not an indicator of how efficient the vacuum cleaner is at doing what it's meant to do, pick up dust.
Unless people think that electrical energy is freely and cheaply available and it's means of production is not a finite resource then designing efficient machines and not simply power hungry machines is the way to go.

Afraid I must agree on this one, god forbid I was pro eu, but dysons are reckoned to be the best vacuums and they are all below the wattage

Feb 25, 2013
Staffs
Funster No
MH
A big white thing ???
Exp
3 yrs, (tenting and tugging before)
Used to have really low powered vacuums they used absolutely no power

They were called brooms :)
Same with hairdryers...

when I was a child it was called a towel!

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022

As somebody commented on TV the other day, this isn't something imposed by the EU, it's something voted for by all EU members, including this country, several years ago. Just another case of the media publishing a non-story to fill white space instead of actually doing some work to find real news.

TheDeckKing

Free Member
Aug 10, 2014
Hyde, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Voyager 2 coachbui
Exp
Even though initially EU tinkering is a right royal pain ITA (I'm thinking yellowing gloss and having to convert cars to unleaded) in the end it is to our benefit. The push for low wattage lighting left us with crap bulbs for a while but if it wasn't for the legislation manufacturers wouldn't have come up with decent LEDs to put in our MoHos. Imagine if they can come up with an equivalent hairdryer or kettle that can run off 12v and only draw a few amps, you'd never need an EHU again!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back