Hard to believe ! (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
This, believe it or not, was the main cable leaving the 230/110v tranny supplying the 110v distribution box, I discovered this today when I was doing a wiring mod, hard to understand why anyone thought that a 1mm wire was adequate .. :Angry:

Two air con units, micro wave, water heater and fridge hanging on THIS:>

DSC_2777.jpg

Last edited:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I was doing a search for RV pictures on google the other day, and was amazed how many pictures of burned RVs I saw. So I put RV +Fire into the Google images and came up with hundreds. It is truly scary, everyone should have a "Fire Plan" in their Motorhome.

Link Removed

highwayman

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Herne Bay
Funster No
MH
Low profile Rapido
Exp
Since 2005 ish
Blimey :Eeek:
I think you've just saved your own lifes there

regards...nige

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

F

fordy

Deleted User
I had this from a lose neg on my switching unit and that was with 6mm cable :whatthe:
well worth a look at the main wiring just to see what state its in, bet you are glad you found it Jim did i give s smell as it looks burnt ? or was it found by chance.

FORDY:Smile:

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
:Cool: I have seen some VERY scary conversions. That's one reason we decided if we were going to convert? I would do it myself.
BTW Jim. Have you come across any Screw-Its yet? They STILL use them on US RV's. :Eeek:

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
BTW Jim. Have you come across any Screw-Its yet? They STILL use them on US RV's. :Eeek:

Hi John
Well, yes I have, screw- its are widely used in George and never give a problems, personally I think they are much better than chocolate block or Skotchlocs which I hate.. everything that's gone wrong has been to do with the dodgy conversion.. :Angry:

If I ever import I would also do my own conversion.. :thumb:

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Well done for finding that Jim, Jeepers I'll bet you have checked ALL the remaining wiring installed by Wyatt and his oppo's? :Eeek:
Just think, you and your family have been living in George for 2 years, it really doesn't bear thinking about..... Have you contacted the place that you got it from? I am thinking of the alert to them to check all such wiring on RVs before they sell them rather than anything else, maybe even not use the converters again???
Again, well done for finding that mate, what a shock.....

Keith

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi Keith

The conversion must have been done by the first owner who imported new from the States who subsequently traded it in at Travelworld where I bought it, in all fairness to them it would have been highly unlikely for anyone to have found it unless doing a complete rewire as the wire in question was concealed within the 110v dist. box..

Jim

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Thanks for the info Jim. I wasn't attempting to load blame anywhere..... Just an informative thing, maybe they can then check future coaches for bad wiring before some unlucky soul has the misfortune of a fire.....
Thanks again for the heads up mate, I will have a look at our wiring :Eeek:

Keith

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back