The Bogtrotter

Free Member
Oct 12, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Looking to buy
Exp
We have recently ordered a new MH unfortunately to big to fit on the drive. So it is going to be parked in the side garden where the chickens live. I do not want to pave or tarmac so I am looking for some sort of hard standing that will allow the grass to grow through. Does anyone have any experience of this stuff and will it work? or am I going to have to pave it.
Thanks John.

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Some of the C&CC sites have a system like the one you describe. It consists of a plastic trellis type matting which allows the grass to grow through. No doubt some one will be along who knows all about this.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Personally I would pave or concrete...

Leaving it on grass will attract damp... :(

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
I've seen someone cut up brown bread crates (brown crates not brown bread!) and lay them down as 2 parallel tracks.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
I have seen a semi rigid egg box type system that you fill with soil and grass seed and you get your lawn back with hard standing underneath.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Some of the C&CC sites have a system like the one you describe. It consists of a plastic trellis type matting which allows the grass to grow through. No doubt some one will be along who knows all about this.

They used to have this at the c&cc Blackmore but have taken it up. Yes it works but think they were having problems with people slipping on it when it was wet underfoot. ( steps were slipping on the plastic)

This probably wouldn't affect you though if you were using the mh step. We still use our caravan steps as the dogs kept falling out of the door:confused:

OP
OP
The Bogtrotter

The Bogtrotter

Free Member
Oct 12, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Looking to buy
Exp
I have seen a semi rigid egg box type system that you fill with soil and grass seed and you get your lawn back with hard standing underneath.

Yes I have seen this type on a search, interlocking honeycomb pieces look just the business. Just wondering if anyone had experience of these before shelling out loads of cash to find out they are not much use for a heavy MH then have to rip it up and pave.

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
I stayed on a camping in The Netherlands with this sort of thing .
cant answer for the damp problem but it was very solid.

Mel

Moodybrook

Free Member
Jul 7, 2013
Wet and cold place outside of M25
Funster No
MH
4 wheels and a pointy end
Exp
still in nappies
I think I would establish just where the wheels may be situated when at rest, then lay a strong slab at each point.

Use the honeycomb stuff as a pathway for each wheel to get there. When on your travels you could place a planter, tub etc. even some garden gnomes ??? on the slabs. whatever :) (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back