Hard drive film storage and an Avtex TV (1 Viewer)

Aug 19, 2014
Cliftonville
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner
Exp
Since 2014
I have a spare exrternal hardrive and wonder if I can load it up with films and then connect to our Avtex TV - anyone done it?

If so what cable - USB?

Thanks

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Yes..
Just a normal USB lead for the TV end and whatever plugs into your HDD.
Some of the Avtex seem to only work with .AVI or .MP4 So a little experiment first with a couple of files to see what works with yours. I keep a couple of 500gb Portable drives in the van loaded with kids stuff and some comedy programs for me.

I use a program called FREEMAKE to copy DVD's into a format to put onto the HDD.

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
USB connection from HD to Avtex should work for playing the media file formats supported by the tv.
We have a HD with various different format media files (films, tv etc). The Avtex tv may not play all media file formats on the HD, so we have a 'Cyclone' media player box to which you connect the HD via USB, then the media player box is connected to the TV via HDMI.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I have a spare exrternal hardrive and wonder if I can load it up with films and then connect to our Avtex TV - anyone done it?

If so what cable - USB?

Thanks
Mine works very well with a 250 gig HDD into a USB port or a pen drive in the other USB. When selecting they do take quite a few minutes to appear in the library as the TV seems slow to read them. Also they might come up as preview in a tiny box when playing. I think you hit the play button on the remote to get full screen

OP
OP
jdk62
Aug 19, 2014
Cliftonville
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner
Exp
Since 2014
USB connection from HD to Avtex should work for playing the media file formats supported by the tv.
We have a HD with various different format media files (films, tv etc). The Avtex tv may not play all media file formats on the HD, so we have a 'Cyclone' media player box to which you connect the HD via USB, then the media player box is connected to the TV via HDMI.
Never heard of those. will have a search.

Thanks

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Be careful which Cyclone you buy. Mine is a two and should be all you'll need

Jan 22, 2017
North wales
Funster No
MH
Ace Napoli (Swift)
Exp
Since February 2019
Que!! (In best Manwell voice)

100brian

Free Member
Oct 13, 2013
isle of man
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
since 1990
Yes..
Just a normal USB lead for the TV end and whatever plugs into your HDD.
Some of the Avtex seem to only work with .AVI or .MP4 So a little experiment first with a couple of files to see what works with yours. I keep a couple of 500gb Portable drives in the van loaded with kids stuff and some comedy programs for me.

I use a program called FREEMAKE to copy DVD's into a format to put onto the HDD.

Avtex TV’s if you press the Source button and then type in 2580 on the remote it allows you to change some settings in a hidden menu, select USB at the bottom of the list and change it to on, The TV now plays MKV, AVI and DIVX files too.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Avtex TV’s if you press the Source button and then type in 2580 on the remote it allows you to change some settings in a hidden menu, select USB at the bottom of the list and change it to on, The TV now plays MKV, AVI and DIVX files too.

Thanks.. I am aware of that, didnt want to complicate the poster straight away.
Strangely I think mine has different software or something as i re-call having lots of issues with it in the early days and speaking with Avtex. So I just kept to the .AVI files to keep it simple. (y)

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
I really dislike Avtex TV's not sure why they get such good reviews. I have two in the current motorhome and find them overpriced and lacking technological advancement for the price they cost.

I use a pen type USB memory stick to record from the TV if I am going to miss anything I want to watch.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back