LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
If you are going to choose your Motorhome based on MPG it will severely limit you choice. I've been semi-retired for a few years and we plan to be fully retired in the next couple of months so our income is not that much..
I don't think fuel consumption comes into the overall scheme unless you are on a very tight budget. We have just spent nearly 60k on a new Hymer so if it costs £200 a year more in fuel to run doesn't really matter if we want to go somewhere we have to put fuel in.

I do monitor our consumption purely from an interest point doesn't alter the way I drive, so far worst 25 mpg, best 29.9, better than our last van which was a low profile now that did surprise me & the engine is still tight only done 5000 miles.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
55? Sorry life to short!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
55? Sorry life to short!

When we towed the caravan I regularly saw 70/75 even set cruise to that sometimes, now we are retired and have the MH which is not geared for speed to be honest I can chill out and keep off the tolls and watch the scenery go by. A couple of years ago I would be right behind you though literally and metaphorically so know where you are coming from.

UK Pete

Free Member
Jan 16, 2014
kent
Funster No
MH
Renault van conversion
Exp
on/off since 1991in campervanss
I get between 30 and 35 mpg, but i do drive it at 70 mph +, i was actually disappointed to note that when cruising at about 60 mph it was no better off than doing 70mph it makes no sense but its real
I do like a van that is good on fuel, my old aircooled VW done 15- 18 mpg and it was bloody slow especially up hills, that was when petrol was dearer than diesel, but now i have a diesel petrol is much cheaper,

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Pretty obvious from the above I like to push on. Forgot to say I still get over 30 from my 150bhp PVC although I don't check religiously.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back