LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
Just as an update to the first few posts regarding whether or not Comfort provide temporary theft cover, prior to an alarm being fitted.

Yes they do !

I don't know if this has geographical limitations, or if there are sometimes other reasons why others can't get this cover, but I double checked with them before commencement and they definitely gave me 30 days theft cover, which covered me nicely until the Strikeback was fitted.

Deneb

Free Member
Oct 20, 2015
Europe
Funster No
MH
PVC
When I got a quote from them last year, they were adamant that although they would give me 30 days to get an alarm fitted, there would be no cover for theft until the alarm had been installed. I also queried it, and was told it was correct - no cover. Decided to go elsewhere for the insurance at increased cost.

Jun 17, 2017
Thorpe Willoughby - Selby
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2015
Just tried Comfort Insurance and they refused to quote me on the basis of my MH being stored at my friends farm. The farm is totally fenced off, has 2 locked gates, there is somebody there all day and my friend and his wife live there plus they have 2 German Shepard dogs living outside. The reason they gave was there is a very old tractor stored in a outhouse which is to them farm equipment which is high on their theft list. They have never had anything stolen from there in 40 years.????

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
The reason they gave was there is a very old tractor stored in a outhouse which is to them farm equipment which is high on their theft list.

How on earth did Comfort know that?
I've been with Comfort for 5 years, m/h kept in my drive together with my son's caravan, his racing dinghy and my m/bike trailers, very competitive and knowledgeable people (esp about outhouses evidently;)). Pleasant to deal with too.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
My guess is it's a postcode issue, it may be a high-risk area. Happened to me when I changed storage location but a word with their underwriter got it sorted. Bit puzzled how they knew about the tractor though.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back