Happy new van (Cathargo c tourer le) to us! (Hopefully) (1 Viewer)

Aug 19, 2015
Windermere
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
15 years
Are we unreasonable to expect an expensive brand new van to spend more time with us than back at the dealership? Should gaslo transferred pipes and wires be left bare rather than boxed in? If mistakenly told by the salesman that there is a reversing camera in the radio, shouldn’t the correct one for a Mercedes be fitted (if retrospectively)? If a new turnable handle is fitted inside the bathroom door, should it come off in my hand cos ‘they’ forgot to replace the grub screw? Shouldn’t we be able to move our dining table without the workshop needing two attempts to free it? Obviously we are far too picky. We are determined to love our van but it’s tak8ng a touch longer than we hoped!

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I think they are all a "work in progress" but some more than others;) hope you get all sorted pronto.

Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
Do you mean that trouble you have listed is for the Carthago C?

Colyboy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Congratulations. I've a Carthago and it's had the same problems as all other vans. From hinges snapping to water ingress and fridge failure to poor workmanship. It's just a name but top end isn't really much good.

Jul 4, 2013
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
IH 600RD
Exp
Since 2017
Congratulations. I've a Carthago and it's had the same problems as all other vans. From hinges snapping to water ingress and fridge failure to poor workmanship. It's just a name but top end isn't really much good.

That's not what colyboy wanted to hear he has just bought a new one and is awaiting delivery .

OP
OP
Millie 'n us
Aug 19, 2015
Windermere
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
15 years
Sorry Coly but yours might just turn out perfect and anyway the alternative is UK made???!!!
The one returned to us is our 8 yr old Hymer. Love it now.

OP
OP
Millie 'n us
Aug 19, 2015
Windermere
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
15 years
Agree with you about Hymer quality decreasing. We’re on our 5th. Maybe we were just unlucky with our Cathargo or maybe it’s having to go under 3,5 tons that causes issues.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Agree with you about Hymer quality decreasing. We’re on our 5th. Maybe we were just unlucky with our Cathargo or maybe it’s having to go under 3,5 tons that causes issues.
My best mate had a C tourer it was an excellent van, he now has an E-Line, another friend has just bought a Compactline, nice van a few minor issues but it had been in stock a while we reckon the dealer had been swapping bits. They are certainly better built than Hymers.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back