Happy birthday Spam!! (1 Viewer)

R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Spam continues to blight e-mail exactly 15 years after the term was first coined and almost 30 years since the first spam message was sent.

Billions of spam e-mails are sent each day, blocking mail servers, slowing down networks, infecting people's computers with viruses, helping hijack machines and generally making the internet a painful experience for many.

The term spam was inspired by the Monty Python sketch, first shown in 1970, in which a restaurant only serves the processed meat product.

In the sketch, a group of Vikings start singing: "Spam, lovely spam, wonderful spam."

The term was picked up in internet chat rooms in the early 1970s and used in a variety of contexts until it became best-known as a reference to unsolicited bulk e-mail, according to research carried out by Brad Templeton, who is chairman of the board at the Electronic Frontier Foundation.

According to the Spamhaus Project, about 200 spammers worldwide are responsible for about 80% of all spam.

So now I know where most of it comes from I feel sooooooo much better:Doh:

THE FULL SPAM STORY HERE

OP
OP
R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Not happy

Def not happy.:shout:

Away for ten days and have come back to 3670 spam emails that locked my business address. Knowing what I know now, I could have avoided this! Still, it is sorted and will not happen again.

Anyone want a part time job sorting out the important five enquiries from the patches, college girls and waiting dates??:ROFLMAO:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Dont want the Job, but can you please forward on all the College Girls e-mails:thumb:
Geo
Im Dead:Sad:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
Dont want the Job, but can you please forward on all the College Girls e-mails:thumb:
Geo
Im Dead:Sad:

Er I thought I was the only college girl for you :Doh:

Oh and yes you're definitely dead :Blush:

OP
OP
R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Er I thought I was the only college girl for you :Doh:

Oh and yes you're definitely dead :Blush:

It's ok Pam, they are harmless - they just say click here cos they are waiting:ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back