Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Yesterday I handed in my notice after 14 yrs with Arriva buses, it's been a difficult last 18mths and I've decided to head off in the M/H for the winter no itinerary other than Spain for Xmas/New Year and Tonka's meet in March and then maybe Morroco/Portugal, when the money runs out I'll head back hopefully about May. it's something me and my wife were going to do when I retired but it wasn't to be.
Looking forward to meeting funsters out and about and swopping info and maybe tag on for a day or two.
Dave
Ps finish 21st Nov looking at Portsmouth - Le Havre 26th.

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Congratulations Dave.(y) Have a lovely trip down to Spain. See you in March. We are travelling to Portugal after Tonka's meet so will be there till end of April :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Congratulations Busman, I am sure that you will enjoy your trip to Spain.
There will be plenty of Funsters in Spain over Xmas and New Year. Keep a
lookout for us if you are in Benidorm.
Brisey.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
You know it makes sense, all the very best of luck........Griff ::bigsmile:

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Yesterday I handed in my notice after 14 yrs with Arriva buses, it's been a difficult last 18mths and I've decided to head off in the M/H for the winter no itinerary other than Spain for Xmas/New Year and Tonka's meet in March and then maybe Morroco/Portugal, when the money runs out I'll head back hopefully about May. it's something me and my wife were going to do when I retired but it wasn't to be.
Looking forward to meeting funsters out and about and swopping info and maybe tag on for a day or two.
Dave
Ps finish 21st Nov looking at Portsmouth - Le Havre 26th.

Congratulations Dave.(y) Have a lovely trip down to Spain. See you in March. We are travelling to Portugal after Tonka's meet so will be there till end of April :)

Congratulations Busman, you won't regret it. We will be knocking around that part if the world around that time too. I feel a little mini meet coming on, maybe Portugal?

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Nice move, give up driving buses for money and Er drive to Spain and Portugal for fun and no pay.

Enjoy your trip you have earned it.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I see my name has already cropped up twice on this thread!!
I take no responsibility ;) but good luck Dave, get out there and enjoy it all..
Life is what you make it and the reason why I finished work early to have more family time with my grandkids that I never had as a young working dad... PS... Mine's a cider when we meet up in sunny Spain..:)

Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
Wishing you all the very best with your new life Busman sounds like a good move to me !!!

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hi Dave, you said you would and you have, not what you wanted or planned , but now you have made new decisions and they sound pretty good to me think it's the best way to do it with out any schedules to stick to you've probably had enough of those on the buses.

Please keep posting let us know what adventures you have, look forward to seeing you when you get back. Safe travels. x

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
hi dave, takes some doing but im sure you wont regret it, and it early days for you after your loss..
hope the trip is fabulous and as ive said at the meets, I hope to see you out there late January .
keep me updated please.
ta andy

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
All the best Dave, we were at Southport but didn't get to speak. I am sure you have made the right decision, enjoy your travels and we will look out for you when you get back.

OP
OP
Busman

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Wow thanks for all the positive reply's and encouragement that's lifted me as although I'm going to do it you always have some douts. Thinking of doing a blog so i can keep Kelly (daughter) updated and it might help others travelling solo.
Thanks again
Dave

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Good luck matey (y)
I did the same 10 years ago and still haven't made it back to work :) but have travelled all over the world only 4 years to my pension so no point now keep travelling (y)

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
good luck in your retirement and all the best bill lyn and the we man

Jan 26, 2010
Conwy, North Wales
Funster No
MH
Relay self build
Exp
Since 2007
Definitely the right decision Dave. (although at the time it is often a difficult one to make, usually fuelled by uncertainty). You will very quickly get into a different way of life and wonder why you didn't do it before. All the best.

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
Best wishes for your retirement, safe journeys and have a great and relaxing time away.

Bobndebs McKay

Free Member
Jul 15, 2014
Bali for the Winter!! Back in Feb 2016
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750 FMSE
Exp
5 months travelling Through France, Spain, Portugal, Germany and Holland as a Full timer in our firs
The very best of luck Busman, I plan on doing the same in April/May so will keep a look out for you!! Early retirement has such a nice ring to it!!

OP
OP
Busman

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Well I think it will be more of a semi retirement as in when I get back I will/might get a job to tie me over till the following winter and away again, as long as it doesn't get in the way of meeting all the lovely people I've met this year at fun meets,
xx

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back