Handed in notice at work (1 Viewer)

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
Good luck, wish you well on your travels, I'm sure we will bump into you somewhere in the near future, we are planning something very similar ourselves and plan to be in Benidorm over the festive period, hopefully with quite a few other funsters.
Cheers and Best of Luck
Ed and Shirley :)

dreckly

Free Member
May 13, 2009
cornwall
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Back on the road after a 4 yr break
Well done, life goes on while you're busy making plans. Time to go for it.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
If you are coming back for a summer job you could do a lot worse than coming to the west country. Loads of summer jobs going every year, from National Trust car park wardens to bar staff etc. Some places more or less close down in the winter, like Salcombe, but need loads of people in the summer. Finding somewhere to stay would be the problem but a job which offered you a pitch for your MH would be ideal.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Good luck Dave, will really miss you whilst you are away. One lovely, brave man ... I am sure that Carol will be with you in your heart .... have a wonderful, peaceful time ... then hurry home safely.

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Well done! You will have a great time - look out for us in Portugal in April/May!

Catherine

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
My dear Dave, the little quotation of mine which appears below my posts could not be more apt for you, do the blog, say what you see, and let us know where you are, (you never know we might meet up) You have already taken the big step of deciding your own a credo mate, here' a couple more:-

“Uncertainty is the only certainty there is, and knowing how to live with insecurity is the only security.” ~John Allen Paulos

Every time we use the present to stress about the future, we’re choosing to sacrifice joy today to mourn joy we might not have tomorrow.

Enjoy your travels, have fun, stay safe and see if you can find a decent pint of bitter over there:) I look forward to meeting up on your return (if not before)

Simon

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
I wish all the best on you new lifestyle. Go for it!
My brother was divorced at 56, and sold the house, paid everything off, and had nowhere to live. He didn't want another mortgage, or to pay rent.
So, he bought a Winnebago Journey, and lived in that for a year whilst he worked. Then off he went travelling in Spain/Portugal one winter. He loved it so much, he quit his job, took his pension, and lives wherever he wants. Presently he is in southern Spain for the winter, on a site for £50 per week, all in. He loves it, and has no wishes to return to work.
It's not the same as your situation, but, living in the warmth for winter sure beats this weather, and as you say, you can work during the summer, and repeat the travels next winter.
Good luck!

Craig

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
I hasten to add Dave, that my brother is now on his fourth year living in his RV.

Craig

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I took the plunge 15 years ago this coming May, and everyone said I would be bored after 12 months. I have never had time to be bored as I fill each day with doing something. You will find campsite life completely different to housebound life, as there is always someone to chat too. As long as you keep as active as possible you will love your new found freedom to come and go as you please. Dont get me wrong, I was one of the lucky ones that loved my job, but I love retirement more. By the way, its 25 deg here in Benidorm at the minute so bring plenty suntan oil (y).

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Go forth and enjoy!
You have to grab these times together when you can.
As a Jim said, no ones ever died wishing they'd spent more time at the office.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Best of luck Dave
Life is too short for working
Enjoy your adventure

Regards
Robert

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
.... wow, Dave, already on page 3.... You have made some wonderful friends on Fun because you ARE a wonderful friend .... everyone is behind you ... Good luck, and happy travels. :)

homercostello

Free Member
Jul 11, 2010
kidsgrove staffs
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs globetrotter
Exp
9 years
Hi Dave saw you at Southport hope you enjoy yourself in Spain, we are at Tonka's rally in Benicarlo so look forward to having a drink with you and chat. Think a Blog would be a great idea.:smiley:

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
Hi Dave, we don't know each other but I just wanted to wish you all the best for your travels. It sounds like a perfect beginning to a new chapter in your life :)

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Good for you Dave.(y) Enjoy yourself and don't forget to update the blog so we know where you're hiding.:eek:

All the very best for the future(y)

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
Now I'm jealous but in a nice hopeful way. Have a really good time & please enjoy every second of your adventure. I get my pension in a year & have plans to do something similar so your blazing a trail for a lot of us Forum members. Good luck folks.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I was medically retired and the first month or two were strange - it took me quite a while to wind down. the Drake will be handing his notice in early next year and (we hope) parting on good terms with the possibility of ad hoc work when it suits both parties.

We just want to have fun - and will become part time old age travellers!!!!

Sep 2, 2014
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Self-converted Van
Exp
Since 2014
Congratulations Dave and good luck! It am so envious...Ron is retired and I would love to do what you are doing but I have another 20 years at the coalface before freedom! Love every minute and don't forget to keep us all posted about your exploits!

Ron and Gerri x

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Great decision Dave, you have spurred be on a littler closer to sorting my retirement out

We all put far too much off for far too long

We none of know what lies ahead, you more than most

Have fun, tell us all about it, make sure if I haven't done something about mine I will (y)

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Congratulations(y) The hard bit is taking the step off the edge of the cliff once you realise you have had enough. But you've done that:)

Early retirement came totally unexpectedly to the oh 3 years ago, takes a little readjustment but your plans sound fab - have a wonderful retirement:)
Deb

May 16, 2014
Ammanford
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
since May 2014
Envious. i;'v got anothe 1 year 11 months to go (not that I,m counting!

Sep 10, 2013
Chelmsford Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Getting better
Enjoy the trip and freedom from routine, it will be strange at first but with your positive outlook everything will be good and I am sure you will meet some interesting folk and have some good adventures..go for it!!

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
Enjoy yourselfs mate
Try benidorm for 5 jan its 3 kings festival well worth a visit
great festival but try to get to somewhere smaller like
San Felipe Neri
small village near marjal eco site the 3 kings ride to the church there and then all the people go in and watch the kids get thier prezzies
have fun dave you have chosen well mate and plenty of us down in the sunny climes for new year to help you spend ya cash :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back