Handbrake Sorted Brilliantly! (1 Viewer)

Nov 18, 2016
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance
I took my tag axle Elegance for its MOT last night at a commercial truck dealership. They do MOT's on any vehicle after 6pm Monday to Thursdays which is great for me. My "normal" garages ramp is strong enough to lift it but it doesn't have enough clearance at the back for the overhang.
Anyhow, during the brake test we came to the handbrake side of things. It was crap to put it mildly! :D2 The footbrake was perfect. So, after a little bit of muttering to himself about how to sort it the tester said drop the first axle into the brake test rollers and rip the handbrake on as far as you can. He then powered up the rollers and let it trundle round for about 2 minutes. We then did the rear axle the same.
What a difference!! (y) The electronic "score" went from 89 on average (a fail) up to just over the 200 mark!!! (y)(y)
Brilliant job! He reckons because the handbrake gets used very little during its life it gets full of crap and debris. By gently powering the rollers with the brake on it cleaned up all the surfaces and hey presto! A superb pass! I reckon at the moment I could hold the van on a 1 in 2 slope! :D
All at no extra cost too!
I did think about getting him to grease my axles while he was under there but thought it would be taking the piss a little. Next time.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
At last !!!!! A Motor Homer happy with a Garage Bodge:clap2::party:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
so rotten tyres and a crap handbrake, dont you maintain your motorhome between MOT tests?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back