Apr 8, 2008
Snaith
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Nineteen years
Handbrake Extensio

I have one on my hymer classic works well, easy to us. fairly easy to fit. makes taking the handbrake on and off better, not cheap.

SpongeBobsDad

Free Member
Sep 23, 2008
north east uk
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
25 + yrs
yes they are good i am disabled and find it easier to use the handbrake :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

gogocrosby

Free Member
Apr 2, 2009
Morpeth, Northumberland
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
12 years
Hand brake extenders are an excellent idea we have one on our Challenger, but be aware the cheaper!(only relative) ones may interfere with you seat swivels. Rare-Spares version allows the handle to be lowered

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Motorhomefun is an agent for the Rare Spares Model. They have been unavailable for two months but production is about to start again next week. I will put an announcement out when they are available. They are almost twice and expensive as the plastic model sold elsewhere but four times as good. ::bigsmile:

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
Motorhomefun is an agent for the Rare Spares Model. They have been unavailable for two months but production is about to start again next week. I will put an announcement out when they are available. They are almost twice and expensive as the plastic model sold elsewhere but four times as good. ::bigsmile:

Aha!
That's good news. I've been reluctant to recommend them as I thought they'd become recession victims. Glad to hear they're still around.
We wouldn't be without our HB Extender. It's brilliant and worth the extra cost.

John

Steve1087

Free Member
Nov 20, 2009
Selby, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
I have fitted the Rare Spares extender to my 2005 Ducato and it certainly makes life easier, however one thing I have found is that if you forget the thing is there it snags on your trousers when exiting the vehicle. I would imagine it would be worse with shorts. You need to lift your backside an inch or so higher when climbing out. Other than that its a good piece of kit.

lookback

Free Member
Nov 30, 2007
Mareham le fen, Lincs
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
5 years
I also have a rare spare handbrake extender. The only problem I find is that if I put the handbrake on too hard I have a heck of a job trying to free it.

Ian

Jan 27, 2009
Leyland Lancs
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2001
I also have a rare spare handbrake extender. The only problem I find is that if I put the handbrake on too hard I have a heck of a job trying to free it.

Ian

I found no probem with releasing the handbrake. The problem I had was remembering to push the handbrake extender forwards in order to apply the brakes!

OP
OP
T

tricky

Free Member
Feb 24, 2010
Westgate Kent
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
10 years
Thanks to all that replied to my problem.
Looking forward to the rare spares version becoming available
Can anyone let me know the price of this make ?
:thanks: Rich

lecc1

Free Member
Mar 3, 2010
urmston
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
handbrake extention

Thanks for that jim, as I recently purchased the handbrake extention and then been told that they were not in production, I was begining to get worried particularly as I have received no feedback from you. Pete.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back