Sep 6, 2016
Worcester
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Hoping to start soon
Morning All
Does anyone have experience of handbrake extensions or able to recommend any please?
Many thanks in anticipation!

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Yes, I can't remember the make now but there's loads of folk on here will tell you. I've used the handbrake extension for around 10 years and totally invaluable IMO. It just slides on the end, secures with a screw (I think) and there it is.
This is one from Kobran which mine probably is but absolutely brilliant.
motorhome_handbrake_extender2 (1).gif

Upvote 0
Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
I think Kobran is the main brand which supply for hand break extenders.
If you have a Ducato, they offer two different types - for the X250 and the model prior as the hand break levers are slightly different (The shape/size of the grip) - so if you do drive a Ducato, ensure you buy the correct version.

Upvote 0

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
I assume they foul the swivel drivers seat when the handbrake is applied? Or not?
On my particular one I have to move the seat backwards then turn and it just misses the handbrake but if you can take the handbrake off its easier but depending if you're chocked or not. Yes, it can make it slightly awkward but I apply my handbrake more than I do turning my seat so it still is a better option than not having one, in my case

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Harry Man

Harry Man

Free Member
Sep 6, 2016
Worcester
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Hoping to start soon
Thank you. We are new first time owners of an Autocruise. Husband is fine with the handbrake but I am 5 feet 2 inches and it's a major struggle!

Upvote 0

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Thank you. We are new first time owners of an Autocruise. Husband is fine with the handbrake but I am 5 feet 2 inches and it's a major struggle!
It really is a brilliant piece of kit and stops you leaning too much and looking where the handbrake is. IMHO, definitely a must

Upvote 0
Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
Mine drops down (with handbrake still applied) so you can swivel seat. It takes a bit getting used to using it too.

Upvote 0
Feb 14, 2009
Chandlers Ford, Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner TD700 H L
Exp
Since 2008
Mine drops down (with handbrake still applied) so you can swivel seat. It takes a bit getting used to using it too.

I too have one of these and moved from previous motorhome to my current one
Link Removed

Takes a bit of getting used to but makes it so much easier for me and my wife - you have to be careful not to knock it of when getting out - when turning seat it can just touch the brake handle but allows rotation - (I dont remove the pin)

Hope this helps :)

Upvote 0

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
We had one on the last van and it was brilliant. It did not foul the swivel on the seat but I can't say if that would be true for all vans. We don't need the extender on the new van (same base vehicle but different converter).

Upvote 0

NBGB

Free Member
Jan 15, 2017
Crewe
Funster No
MH
A Class. Hymer B584. 1999
Exp
Since 1995. Caravanning 10 year before.
I fitted a Konrad type to the Hymer, Fiat based. Good bit of kit. Worth noting. I found out after a period of usage the extender moved along the handbrake handle. This caused some confusion in getting the handbrake to release. Usually when the journey was not going very well! The cause of the movement was due to the screws bottoming out in the nut part, preventing adequate clamping. It was not too obvious when fitting. Shortening the screws cured the problem.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Yes, I can't remember the make now but there's loads of folk on here will tell you. I've used the handbrake extension for around 10 years and totally invaluable IMO. It just slides on the end, secures with a screw (I think) and there it is.
This is one from Kobran which mine probably is but absolutely brilliant. View attachment 141936
That's the one we use too, SWMBO can't managed the hand break otherwise.

Upvote 0

MotorhomersRus

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 17, 2010
Barnoldswick
Funster No
MH
Carthago E Line
Exp
We used one as I'm only 5ft but ours seriously marked our swivel seat.
And once when it was knocked it released itself and the MH started moving. But other than that it did work but I manage without now !

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back