Handbrake Adustment (1 Viewer)

Jun 21, 2018
Habrough ,N E Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Comanche
Exp
Since 2010
Had moho in for test today and it failed on handbrake, the mot station don't do repairs so I was going to get a mechanic friend to adjust the brakes as it is only about 3 years since all the rear brakes were renewed ,tophat disks shoes and pads so I hopefully assume it is only adjustment that is needed
My question is does anyone have a link to instructions for adjusting handbrake on twin axle Alko chassis, I have come across on in the past but struggling to find it as it may help my mechanic

OP
OP
charliesgrandad
Jun 21, 2018
Habrough ,N E Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Comanche
Exp
Since 2010
I spoke to Alko and they told me to contact Nova Leisure and they would sort me out, I contacted Nova and they said give them a couple of days and they would get the part numbers for me from "guess who " yes that's right Alko, who I spoke to in the first place( Nova they only supply to the trade), so I then had to get prices from other dealers, as mine is tag axle I needed 4 short cables one to each wheel and then a long one front to back the best price I could get was £125 each for the short ones and £150 for the long one .
As I was advised that the cables might need replacing to get it through a test next September and the fact that it got through the test and is working fine now,(it recently held me on a 20% hill no problem) I am not too keen to splash out £650 before I have to
The moral of the story is Alko are rip off merchants taking the p!ss out of motorhomers

Upvote 0

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Didn’t give me that info only that it was 11%
It failed again then.

Vehicles first used before 1 January 1915 only need one efficient braking system. They do not need to meet a specified efficiency requirement.

All other vehicles must achieve a minimum parking brake efficiency of 16%.
Fronts up to 2010 50%
Fronts 2010 On 58%

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back