Free Member
Apr 14, 2008
huntingdon
Funster No
MH
a class Arto
Exp
since 2008
Took the motorhome out today and the handbrake warning light kept lightly flashing . I stupidly had it on levelling blocks with the handbrake on for a month so i presume it must be sticking slightly , is it better to keep putting it on and off to clear or leave it off. I have checked the fluid level and its ok

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
There will be a switch in the cab under the handbrake lever that isn't working properly, have a good look round and there should be wires going to it.

Dec 27, 2014
Funster No
Check your brake fluid level. Same light can be activated by low brake fluid or handbrake on some models.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Agree check brake fluid, every vehicle I have owned the handbrake waring light doubles as a brake fluid warning light.

buffallobill

Free Member
Sep 21, 2013
skipton
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since2007
The hand brake light also comes on if front brake pads are worn down, a single wire down to each to each front brake disc monitors the light and pads ,might be worth checking if they have not frayed.
Or pads worn down to limit.

Feb 26, 2012
Funster No
MH
coach
Exp
Motorhome since 2006 (caravanning 38yrs)
I agree with buffallobill. It may be coincidence that you are noticing it after it has been standing. Also check the position of the wires going to the pads, Sometimes they are too close to and actually rub on the disc which cuts through the insulation. This usually results in a flickering light.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back