Hammock up Front in an A Class (1 Viewer)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Has anyone ever made a hammock or stretcher style bed in the front cab area of an A class. There is plenty of room and 3 point seat belts tell me that at least half the frame is strong enough to hold my feather weight son. Anyone done it or thought of doing so?

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
40 yrs and still not got a release date
Hi

One of our first motorhomes was a Bedford CF250 with a 4 birth pioneer mh. We had three children so we had to adapt it. We used a hammock across the two doors using metal u cups we bought from a DIY store and a stretcher hammock - two metal poles and material.

Our daughter Penny happily used it. Not an A Class but the same would work

stew

ruffingitsmoothly

Deceased RIP
Jan 2, 2008
West of Southampton edge
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
Hi 3 of our earlier RVs 2 Pace Arrows and an Allegro had pull down beds over the front seats worked on a sort of cantilever system. Our boy slept up there quite happily fo many years.

Regards Pat

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tony Santara

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Cheshire (ex Mancunian)
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 1994
Jim
Why don't you fit a proper one i'm sure Linda can source one for you.
Sounds a bit Heath Robinson a hammock not to mention he might fall out of it

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Not something I have come across on the aftermarket I'm afraid :Sad:

Suppose it wouldn't be hard to rig up so long as you know where the uprights run and James doesn't wriggle about in his sleep too much :roflmto:

The alternative would be to skip out the through locker at the back and chuck an airbed in, its got lights! :ROFLMAO:

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Sorry....got held up in the chatroom - 3 fellas plying me with drinks and I lost track of time, then had to cook dinner :Blush:

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Hi Jim
Just a thought..... Althought the seat belt shoulder mounts will be strong enough to support the weight, don't forget that they are designed to be strong enough to prevent forward movement momentarily ie in a collision. I am not sure of the suitability of using these mounts for long term weight, as in a bed. Maybe you could consider making an additional mount, made of tubular steel, and standing them next to the seat belt mount, bolted to the floor on a plate?

Keith

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back