halogen or remoska?

Discussion in 'Fridges & Ovens' started by jaygee, Feb 21, 2010.

1. jaygee

jaygee Funster

Ratings:
    +776
    Having bought my Remoska and used it a couple of times it keeps tripping out electricity so am returning it. I was going to get a replacement but have since been looking at Halogen cookers (JML) on the web and these seem to do exactly thge same thing but they are cheaper and I found that the remoska lid was awkward to use when taking off when hot , also the large handle makes it awkward for storing- I'm trying to imagine doing this in the small confines of our motorhome!
    We do not have an oven so I am looking for something to cook pizzas, pies, etc.. has anyone experience of using the halogen cookers in their vans - do they trip the electric or are they sufficiently low powered.
    Very confused!!!!!!

2. 6pm Cowboy

6pm Cowboy Read Only Funster

Ratings:
    +2
    I haven't used a halogen in a motorhome yet but have one at home and my son has another. If you do get one I would stronly recommend the one that has a hinged lid so you dont have that problem of where to put it. My sons hasn't ( ours has ) and its a pain in the @rse

3. jaygee

jaygee Funster

Ratings:
    +776
    what make is yours and where did you get it?

4. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +23,131
    a big consideration should be given to the power consumption...

grand ramoska = 640w...2.75amps

JML oven = 1300W...5.65amps

fine in the uk but not much good on some euro campsites with only 5amp supply.

5. shortfuse

shortfuse Read Only Funster

Ratings:
    +0
    Used one all last year in the van, at first did not get on with it but eventually got to like it regards sf

6. davejen

davejen Funster

Ratings:
    +997
    Sounds like you need to switch something off when you use your cooker, maybe using too many things at once is why the leccy is tripping?
    Cheers, Dave:thumb:

7. jaygee

jaygee Funster

Ratings:
    +776
    This is happening in my home kitchen not in the van - having researched fault on the web apparently this is a common fault which they are aware of and have been replacing them