halogen or remoska? (1 Viewer)

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
Having bought my Remoska and used it a couple of times it keeps tripping out electricity so am returning it. I was going to get a replacement but have since been looking at Halogen cookers (JML) on the web and these seem to do exactly thge same thing but they are cheaper and I found that the remoska lid was awkward to use when taking off when hot , also the large handle makes it awkward for storing- I'm trying to imagine doing this in the small confines of our motorhome!
We do not have an oven so I am looking for something to cook pizzas, pies, etc.. has anyone experience of using the halogen cookers in their vans - do they trip the electric or are they sufficiently low powered.
Very confused!!!!!!

6pm Cowboy

Free Member
Jun 26, 2009
South Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
none ( yet )
Exp
0 - but I live in hope
I haven't used a halogen in a motorhome yet but have one at home and my son has another. If you do get one I would stronly recommend the one that has a hinged lid so you dont have that problem of where to put it. My sons hasn't ( ours has ) and its a pain in the @rse

OP
OP
jaygee
Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
I haven't used a halogen in a motorhome yet but have one at home and my son has another. If you do get one I would stronly recommend the one that has a hinged lid so you dont have that problem of where to put it. My sons hasn't ( ours has ) and its a pain in the @rse
what make is yours and where did you get it?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
a big consideration should be given to the power consumption...

grand ramoska = 640w...2.75amps

JML oven = 1300W...5.65amps

fine in the uk but not much good on some euro campsites with only 5amp supply.

shortfuse

Free Member
Apr 9, 2008
Inverness
Funster No
MH
C
Exp
Used one all last year in the van, at first did not get on with it but eventually got to like it regards sf

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Having bought my Remoska and used it a couple of times it keeps tripping out electricity so am returning it. I was going to get a replacement but have since been looking at Halogen cookers (JML) on the web and these seem to do exactly thge same thing but they are cheaper and I found that the remoska lid was awkward to use when taking off when hot , also the large handle makes it awkward for storing- I'm trying to imagine doing this in the small confines of our motorhome!
We do not have an oven so I am looking for something to cook pizzas, pies, etc.. has anyone experience of using the halogen cookers in their vans - do they trip the electric or are they sufficiently low powered.
Very confused!!!!!!

Sounds like you need to switch something off when you use your cooker, maybe using too many things at once is why the leccy is tripping?
Cheers, Dave:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
jaygee
Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
Sounds like you need to switch something off when you use your cooker, maybe using too many things at once is why the leccy is tripping?
Cheers, Dave:thumb:
This is happening in my home kitchen not in the van - having researched fault on the web apparently this is a common fault which they are aware of and have been replacing them

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back