Haggis rescue centre/sanctuary (1 Viewer)

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
Many years ago I used to drive occasionally for an airline transport business at Prestwick, we moved flight crews and flight attendants (then known as stewardesses)for most of the major airlines.
Taking an Air Canada crew from Glasgow to Ayr I got chatting to the pilot & he winked at me then began to talk about haggis, one of the stewardesses was on her first trip to Scotland & she was showing great interest in the wild haggis.
The pilot had her looking at every patch of green, then he suggested that if this stewardess asked me nicely, I might take her into the hills to do some haggis hunting! He explained to her that it was a great honour for a Scotsman to take a foreigner haggis hunting.
Well, she did ask very nicely & she was a stunning blonde girl who was staying in a local (to me) hotel.
I have to admit that I gave serious thought to taking her out, but the fact that I had recently got married got the better of me & I had to decline her request. :wub::wub:

I lived to regret that decision cos I found out that my new wife was having it away with a colleague of hers! :madder:

I took the same crew to the actual airport the following morning & one of the other stewardesses told me that the would be haggis hunter stewardess had confided in her that "she fancied me & hoped I'd seduce her".

Isn't hindsight a pure b*****d....🤬
Air Canada.jpg

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Is it true they have one leg longer than the other?
I'm afraid not they have one leg shorter than the other ...
S'funny.... I always thought they were quadrapeds with two short on one side and two long on the other. ..... Maybe they were just on their hands and knees after a wee dram or ten.

May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
I am sorry but my haggis are not for eating and am shocked you would post that on this site. Off to report you to Jim and the RSPCH.:mad:
If you want to know where you can find Haggis not that far from your neck of the woods there is an excellent breeder of a top class line in Castle Douglas, they taste lovely.
We have one of them in our freezer, now I don't know if they would sell you a live one, you would have to ask.
I have only ever seen them minus their hairy wee legs in the chiller cabinet.

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
I'm setting up a Haggis rehousing centre... Please forward any unwanted Haggis along with bottles of malt whisky to me :)

OP
OP
Rosemary1

Rosemary1

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
1 year
Well sorry to resurrect (not sorry at all) but moved in and set everything up for the wee Haggis and have not seen sight or sound! No one mentioned that they obviously hibernate like hedgehogs :oops: !

Does anyone know when they are likely to show their little cute faces? Shall I look to perhaps save Kelpies? We do have a burn if that helps :giggle:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Rosemary1

Rosemary1

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
1 year
Well sorry to resurrect (not sorry at all) but moved in and set everything up for the wee Haggis and have not seen sight or sound! No one mentioned that they obviously hibernate like hedgehogs :oops: !

Does anyone know when they are likely to show their little cute faces? Shall I look to perhaps save Kelpies? We do have a burn if that helps :giggle:
Don’t know how that happened - I thought I had lost the post so did it again! - ignore this one please

OP
OP
Rosemary1

Rosemary1

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
1 year
If you want to know where you can find Haggis not that far from your neck of the woods there is an excellent breeder of a top class line in Castle Douglas, they taste lovely.
We have one of them in our freezer, now I don't know if they would sell you a live one, you would have to ask.
I have only ever seen them minus their hairy wee legs in the chiller cabinet.
I am sorry but in my option Haggis are not for eating and am shocked that you as an animal lover would do so. Am also not planing to pay for any (which would only encourage them to breed more) but hope to provide a safe and loving home for ill treated and neglected beasties were they can live out their lives free from fear - the 3 F’s. Did you know that. haggis had more intelligence and understanding than the average 3 year old child?

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
I am sorry but in my option Haggis are not for eating and am shocked that you as an animal lover would do so. Am also not planing to pay for any (which would only encourage them to breed more) but hope to provide a safe and loving home for ill treated and neglected beasties were they can live out their lives free from fear - the 3 F’s. Did you know that. haggis had more intelligence and understanding than the average 3 year old child?
More than a Trump supporter then?

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Many years ago I used to drive occasionally for an airline transport business at Prestwick, we moved flight crews and flight attendants (then known as stewardesses)for most of the major airlines.
Taking an Air Canada crew from Glasgow to Ayr I got chatting to the pilot & he winked at me then began to talk about haggis, one of the stewardesses was on her first trip to Scotland & she was showing great interest in the wild haggis.
The pilot had her looking at every patch of green, then he suggested that if this stewardess asked me nicely, I might take her into the hills to do some haggis hunting! He explained to her that it was a great honour for a Scotsman to take a foreigner haggis hunting.
Well, she did ask very nicely & she was a stunning blonde girl who was staying in a local (to me) hotel.
I have to admit that I gave serious thought to taking her out, but the fact that I had recently got married got the better of me & I had to decline her request. :wub::wub:

I lived to regret that decision cos I found out that my new wife was having it away with a colleague of hers! :madder:

I took the same crew to the actual airport the following morning & one of the other stewardesses told me that the would be haggis hunter stewardess had confided in her that "she fancied me & hoped I'd seduce her".

Isn't hindsight a pure b*****d....🤬 View attachment 444045
Maybe one too many drams

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Im stunned that fellow scots have not yet informed that the plural of a haggis is actually haggi

Having a full pedigree haggi breeder in the family i can assure you they do not frequent the border areas of scotland they are generally found north of Perthshire and Glencoe regions.

Jun 12, 2016
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Globecar Revolution
Exp
Since 2006
They c
They come out of hibernation early
25 January :giggle:

May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
Im stunned that fellow scots have not yet informed that the plural of a haggis is actually haggi

Having a full pedigree haggi breeder in the family i can assure you they do not frequent the border areas of scotland they are generally found north of Perthshire and Glencoe regions.
I did think about doing that, but I am English so didn't bother. :sneaky:
Your just being silly and missing out on a tasty meal.:imoutahere:
I serve them with tatties, neeps and a home made whiskey, cream & pepper sauce.:giggler:

OP
OP
Rosemary1

Rosemary1

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
1 year
I did think about doing that, but I am English so didn't bother. :sneaky:

Your just being silly and missing out on a tasty meal.:imoutahere:
I serve them with tatties, neeps and a home made whiskey, cream & pepper sauce.:giggler:
Mmmmm sounds nice. Perhaps the haggis that are too weak and don’t make it could be recycled?;)

Jun 13, 2020
Bradford
Funster No
MH
Sunlight T68 XV.
Exp
What most people don’t know is that the old Fusco’s cafe on the Vennel (friars) as well as having a talking bird (macaw or similar) house in the cellar a monthly Haggis meeting.

After I started my missionary role in England as a four year old, when we went home, especially at Easter to roll eggs, you used to regularly see the young Haggis chasing an egg down the hills of D&G.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
no going round petting other folks domesticated haggis either. The locals refer to them as sporrans,a bit like a man purse but with sharp teeth and claws
You wouldn't want to get them mixed up when getting dressed! :oops:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back