Hagger's dragged in to 21st century Help required. (1 Viewer)

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Ok, so two things,

First, I bit hte bullet and got a MIFI in order to get internet for said son whilst we are away, a teenager without facebook is like a dog without a bone,

So question 1.
I have an iphone with orange, and of course with unlimited data. Can I simply just take card out and put it in to my MIFI (unlocked) to get internet?

2) will the signal be better than just on my phone? ie does the mifi boost the signal?

3)As some of you will know, because I do nothing but harp on about it, I like to ski and visit France at least a couple of times a year..Can I buy a seperate data card in France to stick in the MIFI and show you all what a great time we are having? Or do I have to get a kind funster living in France to get me one and send it over?

4) Can you use a Gif Gaf sim card in it?

Ok and moving on, so christmas is coming and Harley has decided that he would like a blackberry for christmas. He wants a curve 8520 which there are two.
the 3g or the standard.

Now taking on board that the 3g will be better, how much better is better? anyone have a comparison?

Now, I wanted to get him a PAYG deal and buy him a second hand one. But I can't find one that has this Blackberry internet part to it? the bit whereby he will be able to BB his mates about where they shohld be meeting for the next riot?
Are they only available on contract?
the cheapest contract I have seen is £15 per month with a little bit of internet data, presumably the Blackberry will be use wifi and not the data when he is at home? and the MIFI when we are out in the van?

So very confusing?

any techies able to help?

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Haggers as an existing Orange customer have you considered the Orange Bubble? Its their version of MiFi and you will get a discount from Orange

Broken Link Removed

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Haggers as an existing Orange customer have you considered the Orange Bubble? Its their version of MiFi and you will get a discount from Orange

Broken Link Removed

I hadn't but looking at that, it would be a monthly cost, something I am paying enough of already]

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Paul dont know about the BB but Sophie has the Iphone and as we had bought it we had choice of who to go with. In the end we went with 3 its a 12month contract i pay £10 a mth and sophie gets 1gb of data 500min and 3000 text not a bad deal for a tenner.

We also got a dongle so Sophie could get said Facebook also that is with 3 PAYG and a free dongle from kesbruce on here. I bought 3gig cards from ebay that last 90 days from first use (im on it just now at Edinburgh cc site) they cost abot £8 but think now up to £12 but not a bad deal and if not downloading music or movies should be enough data for him.

Gerry

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Thanks Gerry.
Tried to get him an Iphone but he insisted on a blackberry, apparently its the cool thing for his generation. Looks like the only way to get him blackberry services is on contract.
I have been to Car Phone Warehouse who say if I hold on until December they will be re-pricing.:thumb:

Nov 30, 2008
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt autoroller 700
Exp
on and off 20 years
Blackberry or not

Haggers have you taken him into a phone shop. My daughter also wanted a blackberry but having gone into a shop was persuaded to go for a Samsung Galaxy Ace. Other options were the HTC phones. Having a blackberry through work I can't understand why the kids want them they are great work tools it must be the BB messenger service. My daughter lover the Galaxy and stays in touch with her friends through facebook which they all have irrespective of type of phone.
Rich

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Haggers have you taken him into a phone shop. My daughter also wanted a blackberry but having gone into a shop was persuaded to go for a Samsung Galaxy Ace. Other options were the HTC phones. Having a blackberry through work I can't understand why the kids want them they are great work tools it must be the BB messenger service. My daughter lover the Galaxy and stays in touch with her friends through facebook which they all have irrespective of type of phone.
Rich

yep tries that Rich, but no can do, its all about the next riot :roflmto: its a blackberry or nothing. Never used the messenger service but the youngens seem to love it.:thumb:

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
Sorry try later on the puter wont let me copy email to here

Giff gaff are doing 3gb giga bag for tablets
I will try to copy it from email later

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
see above

New look range of goodybag's
bill, to celebrate the launch of our new data only gigabags, we're giving you the opportunity to win a new iPhone 4s, for all our goodybag lovers and an iPad2, for those who want to get to know the new gigabag!

For your opportunity to win, simply share your personalised order link this week. With each unique click you get an entry into the prize draw to win a iPhone 4s and an iPad2.

Be quick - competition closes midnight Wednesday 26th October. The winners will be announced via our blog. To stay tuned follow the promotion in the Community.

The gigabags last a whole month and include UK mobile internet allowance:

- £5 gigabag includes 500MB
- £7.50 gigabag includes 1GB
- £12.50 gigabag includes 3GB

Why not spread the word and give yourself even more chances to win? Share this email with your friends and family - encourage them to get involved because more clicks mean's, more entries into the competition.

Good luck!

Share this e-mail:

Goodybag range: Perfect for phones

Get unlimited mobile internet, UK texts and 250 minutes for just £10 a month.
Exclusively for phone use.

Gigabag range: Perfect for tablets

Get 1GB of data for £7.50 a month, which is enough to browse the web for 10 hours. Exclusively for tablet and dongles use.

Your personalised order link: http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/wasatofo

Account
Password reset
Top-up
Send a free SIM to a friend
Help
Ask the community
Ask an agent
Replies from agents
News
Blog
Twitter@giffgaff
Facebook @giffgaffmobile

For full terms and conditions about the giffgaff goodies offer please see here

Just to re-assure you, we hate spam too. This email was sent to you because you have given giffgaff permission to contact you via this address. giffgaff may email you from time to time to let you know important information about your giffgaff account plus other giffgaff news. If you no longer want to receive emails, you can unsubscribe by updating your profile here.

We're serious about protecting your privacy, click here to review our privacy policy.

Disclaimer: Information contained in this email may be privileged or confidential. If you are not the intended recipient of this email please contact the sender. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent the lovely people at giffgaff. Thanks, the giffgaff team - http://giffgaff.com giffgaff Limited
giffgaff Limited, (registered company number 04196996) 260 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire SL1 4DX Registered in England and Wales

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back