Sep 1, 2010
fife
Funster No
MH
hi-top
Exp
of-on with caravans-40yrs
Hi all
Had a visitor last night he came round the back of the house climbed up onto the vestible twisted the security light up to face the sky broke open diesel cap on car (did,nt get any diesel) wen,t round the side of m/home broke open water cap (not checked to see if he got any water) then climbed up onto roof via bike rack where he ripped of two sky-lights roof covered in scuff marks like of black trainers.He laid sky-lights back on maybe he was going to come back? Just a pity he did not go inside as we have movement sensors and they would have set the alarm off.
At the end of it, all that damage and he got nothing.
Spen,t all day just trying get things fixed and talking to police:Angry:
Well as they say it could have been worse.

:thumb:Sammy

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Scumbag, sticky fingered ........ Fill in the blanks, hope you get it sorted soon.

You beat me to it!! :thumb: Makes you want to "deal" with him, without any witnesses.......however, sadly these days we would come off worse and plod would take a dim view of it:Angry:

Bill

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
As above, grubby little gits, we had a brand new caravan jemmied to steal a £200 TV cost nearly £2K to repair. After that I left door unlocked on our own back garden and hoped they checked the door before damaging again.

Then we had a hose cut on MH to steal diesel, spilt most of it on ground and cost me £200 to mend plus more diesel

Good luck with your forthcoming hassles

David

kaybee

Free Member
Apr 3, 2012
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2012
Really sorry to hear this. Makes my blood boil. Hope you get everything sorted without too much hassle and I sincerely hope he/she gets caught. :Angry:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
hope you can get a cheap cctv camera and catch the bleepers at it.

Glad they didnt get away with anything and yes there is the possibility they may come back, especially as no alarm went off.

Good luck with the repairs, hope whoever it was gets caught soon.

OP
OP
Sam and Viv

Sam and Viv

Free Member
Sep 1, 2010
fife
Funster No
MH
hi-top
Exp
Thanks

Thanks
for the reply,s ---thing,s are nearly sorted, still to get a couple of sky-lights lucky I can do all the work myself so might get away again in a week.

Sammy:Smile:

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
in our current house we had a intruder two years ago but haven't had any from that time
we had five brakingins the street in five week ends on the last one they piked the wrong house one i knew the guy two i knew where he lived never had a bit of bother from that day to this in the street

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
twisted the security light up to face the sky broke open diesel cap on car (did,nt get any diesel) wen,t round the side of m/home broke open water cap (not checked to see if he got any water) then climbed up onto roof via bike rack where he ripped of two sky-lights roof
:thumb:Sammy

That's weird.

On drugs or a vengeance attack.

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Hanging's too good!:Angry:

OP
OP
Sam and Viv

Sam and Viv

Free Member
Sep 1, 2010
fife
Funster No
MH
hi-top
Exp
diesel-maybe

Hi all
I think the person/s was really after diesel and when they did,nt get any the contents of the m/home looked good. Just back from Luss at Loch Lomond every thing is o/k with the m/home so that,s good, a nice peacefull W/end in the pouring rain helps to gloss over the damage,now getting ready for some time at St Andrews roll on:thumb:

Sammy:RollEyes:

camocam1

Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Elgin,Moray,Scotland
Funster No
MH
bailey approach 760 se
Exp
since 2012
sorry to hear about your troubles lots of scum bags about, when we were renovating a new factory we kept getting broken into and plant and equipment stolen, so I asked pc plod can I put a dog in the yard at nights.
Only if its in a compound and on a lead, it will be in a compound a 4.5 acre compound and yes it will be on a lead but a bl**dy long one !!!
Cant do that says mr PC so the following weekend me and 2 mates sat in a van in the factory building with 2 Alsations and some wooden friends. About 1am we heard a noise outside, didn't need our wooden friends as Iv'e never seen 4 guys run so fu**ing fast in all my life with the 2 dogs in giving chase, I have to add that these were trained guard dogs and as such stopped the chase when told. Never had any bother after that.

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
[HI]I HOPE HE / SHE / IT ROTS IN HELL...............[/HI]

Sorry to read this has happened to you.

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
sorry to hear about your troubles lots of scum bags about, when we were renovating a new factory we kept getting broken into and plant and equipment stolen, so I asked pc plod can I put a dog in the yard at nights.
Only if its in a compound and on a lead, it will be in a compound a 4.5 acre compound and yes it will be on a lead but a bl**dy long one !!!
Cant do that says mr PC so the following weekend me and 2 mates sat in a van in the factory building with 2 Alsations and some wooden friends. About 1am we heard a noise outside, didn't need our wooden friends as Iv'e never seen 4 guys run so fu**ing fast in all my life with the 2 dogs in giving chase, I have to add that these were trained guard dogs and as such stopped the chase when told. Never had any bother after that.

Hopefully, ten minutes after they had caught the little darlings……

Allan

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
When we were having trouble with the Neighbour I got a Security light that took a Photo when triggered, the little sim card could hold 80 pictures, cost I think, from memory, was about £80

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back