Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
I'm really sorry for the loss of you SIL however before you discuss it with FIL ensure you have explored all the options open so that when you do have that chat you can give him all the info.

It is a difficult decision for you all, regardless of the usual 'phrases' being used it is much more than a 'family' responsibility and works both ways. I don't know the age or health issue of FIL but my Mum is 95 and shows no sign of stopping anytime soon and I have to be honest it's not a role I would undertake in any way, shape, or form, as we'd end up killing each other - being selfish I would need to put myself and hubby first whilst at the same time ensuring my Mum is somewhere that she is happy and safe, 'family' doesn't mean it has to be YOU who does it.
Thankyou

Yes we are looking at all the options and Lynne is the only family he has left apart from our boys

Now that’s a thought one of the boys could look after him lol I have to be careful because Lynne has often said she wants to put me in a home are several occasions lol

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Sorry to hear of Lynnes sister. If she can look after you all these years looking after her dad will be a doddle. :ROFLMAO: Will be a shock to the system having a proper roof over your head and playing in the snow in the winter instead of the sun. Will you get a flat cap and some pigeons.:ROFLMAO: All the best to you both whatever you decide to do.(y)

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Condolences to you both. Respect to you both for taking on dad (and his dog) to give him contentment in his later years. The world needs people like you.

I looked after mum and dad and it physically and mentally nearly destroyed me to be honest so my advice is TREASURE EACH OTHER in the times you need support. There is nothing wrong in feeling weary, frustrated, and needing help. Be kind and keep strong.. You sound very positive.

Good luck and big hugs to you both. Xx

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Best wishes Paul with whatever you decide, sounds like you may finish up in our neck of the woods, it’s lovely up here in Teesdale.

OP
OP
Zepp

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
Sorry to hear of Lynnes sister. If she can look after you all these years looking after her dad will be a doddle. :ROFLMAO: Will be a shock to the system having a proper roof over your head and playing in the snow in the winter instead of the sun. Will you get a flat cap and some pigeons.:ROFLMAO: All the best to you both whatever you decide to do.(y)
Thankyou Mike
Yes it will be a shock to the system if I’m in living room I will have to walk miles to get a beer from the fridge and what about the loo I will have to run lol

Not sure what I will do to fill my time in and I will have to get roof ladders to wax the roof lol

OP
OP
Zepp

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
Condolences to you both. Respect to you both for taking on dad (and his dog) to give him contentment in his later years. The world needs people like you.

I looked after mum and dad and it physically and mentally nearly destroyed me to be honest so my advice is TREASURE EACH OTHER in the times you need support. There is nothing wrong in feeling weary, frustrated, and needing help. Be kind and keep strong.. You sound very positive.

Good luck and big hugs to you both. Xx
Thank you Joy
I’m not sure how we will cope but I’m sure we will or try our best
Ive read some of your posts and I felt your pain you should give yourself a pat on the back

I’m more worried I will leave lynne’s dads dog in the pub lol 😂

OP
OP
Zepp

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
Best wishes Paul with whatever you decide, sounds like you may finish up in our neck of the woods, it’s lovely up here in Teesdale.
Thankyou Paul

That is one of the places we are looking but I have to be careful I’m sure one of the ex wife’s coven is in that area 😂

OP
OP
Zepp

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
I’m sitting here laughing my head off thinking how much my life can change in days

The reason I’m laughing is I have to go and apologise to a German lady this morning

Why she saw me naked last night tugging on a cable outside my van without a mask on

I hope she understands why I forgot to put my mask on I think I’ve broke a rib laughing so much

It’s a long story lol see my battery thread or check YouTube I’m sure I saw her phone lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
Zepp

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
OMG I’ve just had a horrible thought if she reports me for not wearing a mask they might throw me off the site

I’ve still not told Lynne yet she is always reminding me to my put mask on lol

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back