Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
returning home on sunday from southsea,just got onto the m27 and suffered a blowout on the nearside rear,i am a member of the AA so no drama back on my way within the hour.
thing is i had all my tyres checked on thursday and got one replaced,the tyre the went was fitted new less than five years ago and showed no sign of perishing or no bulges,and still looked like new having done very few miles,but it was the only one exposed to sunlight when parked at home,and i also have tyrepal fitted and had no warning,the tyre never lost presure or got hot it just went bang instantly,then after i got to the hardshoulder ,the tyrepal warning went off showing nearside rear tyre presure 0,cheers tyrepal:D

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
What make of tyre was it?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
I'm under the impression that tyres should be changed every four years regardless of the amounts of tread on them ,I've had 5 year old tyres blow out on me three times now so when they get to four they get changed especially on a big lump like a Moho

OP
OP
chrisgreen

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
OP
OP
chrisgreen

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
forgot to mention that i was towing a toad as well.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
returning home on sunday from southsea,just got onto the m27 and suffered a blowout on the nearside rear,i am a member of the AA so no drama back on my way within the hour.
thing is i had all my tyres checked on thursday and got one replaced,the tyre the went was fitted new less than five years ago and showed no sign of perishing or no bulges,and still looked like new having done very few miles,but it was the only one exposed to sunlight when parked at home,and i also have tyrepal fitted and had no warning,the tyre never lost presure or got hot it just went bang instantly,then after i got to the hardshoulder ,the tyrepal warning went off showing nearside rear tyre presure 0,cheers tyrepal:D
5 years old is to old for the stresses caused by a MH and a toad IMHO, especially if it's not used in the winter. Mine will all be replaced after about 2.5 years. I think much also has to do with the condition of the roads you have been driving on, banging regularly over potholes under load is bound to weaken the structure of the tyre don't you think ??

Glad everything is OK.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back