Free Member
Apr 3, 2012
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2012
Feel I ought to carry a spare pump just in case but have absolutely no idea how to source the right one. Ideas please for someone who really doesn't know

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
look on your pump.. It will have the makers name and model number on it ( unless it is a submersible in which case any thing will go as an emergency unit ) :thumb:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Just an after thought.. Unless you are going somewhere pretty weird ( Tibet ? :winky: ) there is always somewhere within 30 miles or so you can just buy a replacement from a caravan / motorhome store .. Wellllllll.. lets say the odds are in your favour anyway :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Ed Excel

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Started 2007
Don't be over concerned, as already suggested by Jaws.
Our driveaway awning got trashed last winter in Spain, so we had a new one delivered, from a UK company, to site. All you need, anywhere, is access to the web.

Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
I have had two water pumps stop working on me. First was on a Hymer and we were on a campsite in Arundel. Managed to get to Premier Motorhomes and get replacement to fit same day. Second one was on the Laika when we were on a CL local to us. Tried local caravan dealers but no one had a 30psi pump on the shelf. Ended up getting one on internet delivered in a couple of days. I vowed to carry a spare one as the night without it was difficult.
Needless to say I havent got a spare one yet but hopefully this one will last a while.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I agree with Jaws, but if you do carry a spare I guarantee you will never need it ::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
It is handy to carry a spare, most are submersible which are around £20. Carry spares pumps, bulbs and fuses (incl glass) some gaffa tape and UV Stable repair tape is a must. Takes up only a small box, have a few jubilee clips, screws and so on there as well - you will be covered for most occurences!

Also in your roadside kit, carry high viz vests (£1 each from pound stores) and a TARP! Everyone forgets the tarp......cheap plastic tarp will shelter your family from wind/rain/sun when waiting for recovery and also give you something to kneel on when the ground is wet and you want to change a tyre or similar!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back