Habitation/ servicing recommendations please (1 Viewer)

Midland Nomads

Free Member
Jan 18, 2018
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Hi fellow Funsters will be collecting our new to us motorhome at the beginning of March & will require a full habitation check before we use it for the first time at the Chester meet over easter. We live in the statford upon Avon area in Warwickshire & would like any recommendations you may have either workshop or mobile servicing
The motorhome is a Autocruise startrail
Many thanks

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
If you're collecting from a dealer it should be ready to go.
Otherwise, I'd only bother if it was going to worry me.
You'll be fine at Chester. Lots of folk there, only too pleased to help or advise.
Relax and enjoy your new toy.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
And me. Worth the round trip and he'll be happy to help out with any questions you've got too. Ask Jackie to book you into the campsite across the road or you could stay on the carpark of the Cuckoo Oak pub just down the road as long as you eat there - very reasonable menu.

Upvote 0

musson

Free Member
Dec 25, 2013
grantham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
since Jan 2014
Did you get a hab check when you purchased it,if you did should be ok for 12 months at least

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Midland Nomads

Midland Nomads

Free Member
Jan 18, 2018
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Hi all thanks for all your responses,buying privately last Hab check 15 months ago invested in a damp metre no high results no smell of damp general condition good but have no experience in motorhomes & inept at all things involving electric & Gas have no idea how we will get by for 3 nights at Chester without ELH ,but I guess that's how you learn. Dave & Mark both seem too be highly regarded any other recommendations nearer to me would be greatly appreciated

Upvote 0

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
I would only bother with a hab moisture check if it was relivent to any ingress warranty other wise a waste of money.

Upvote 0

AndyV

Free Member
Feb 5, 2018
France
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
since 2003
Hi, All of the above & while you are at it get your fridge checked out. Habitation checks are a preventive part of maintenance to me. You'r motorhome costs a lot of money so try to stop anything going wrong with it.
Enjoy the experience

Upvote 0

Kirsten

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2015
Stratford on Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Since 2010
CJ mobile caravan service in coventry were Fab - came to us- grand job- cheaper than we thought the service would be.

Upvote 0

Norfolk Nomad

Free Member
Feb 23, 2017
Feltwell
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2017
I would only bother with a hab moisture check if it was relivent to any ingress warranty other wise a waste of money.
Each to their own but I think an annual damp test is absolutely vital, if you catch any damp early it can be rectified before any major damage occurs.

Upvote 0

fireblade2000uk

Free Member
Jul 16, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
First year almost done!
Just had my habitation check done and was surprised at the number of checks/tests carried out. I made sure I looked and listened as it gives you a handy insight into what is involved.

Upvote 0

Musicboy

Free Member
Jul 18, 2012
United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7096+
Exp
fulltiming since 2003
MCS .. 07967 818153... Mark. .. Very good. .. I use him all the time fir everything m/home related ...

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back