Free Member
Sep 6, 2020
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
Since July 2020
I have an Apache 700, with a couple of years of habitation warranty remaining.
I need to have it serviced to keep the warranty, so a couple of questions:
1. Is it worth keeping up the service?
2. Whats the approximate cost?
3. Who would you use in Cheshire?

Thanks.
Colin.

Last edited:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
If it has the 10 year ingress warranty by Autotrail then it needs a Hab service every year to remain qualified. I assume you have all the previous years ? Any missing and AT will not honor the warranty.

Worth noting that over time the amount covered also de-creases in the last years they only cover 20% and then 10% (check this to make 100% sure on the amounts).

A hab check by a mobile engineer maybe £120-180 ish... BUT they must be NCC Appoved..
My previous Apache 700 was only ever done by mobile engineers, it went back to the factory 6 times for work. Never an issue with claims, just the shoddy build. :wink:

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
I have an Apache 700, with a couple of years of habitation warranty remaining.
I need to have it serviced to keep the warranty, so a couple of questions:
1. Is it worth keeping up the service?
2. Whats the approximate cost?
3. Who would you use in Cheshire?

Thanks.
Colin.
Try Spinney they are just south of Knutsford.,approx £180 for a hab and damp check.they will probably do the check but depends how busy they are if it needs a warranty repair.they are autotrail agents. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
CDBaines

CDBaines

Free Member
Sep 6, 2020
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
Since July 2020
If it has the 10 year ingress warranty by Autotrail then it needs a Hab service every year to remain qualified. I assume you have all the previous years ? Any missing and AT will not honor the warranty.

Worth noting that over time the amount covered also de-creases in the last years they only cover 20% and then 10% (check this to make 100% sure on the amounts).

A hab check by a mobile engineer maybe £120-180 ish... BUT they must be NCC Appoved..
My previous Apache 700 was only ever done by mobile engineers, it went back to the factory 6 times for work. Never an issue with claims, just the shoddy build. :wink:
Great advice thanks, especially the mobile link.
I thought the guarantee was just 5 yrs. I accept your better knowledge, but I’ll check the paperwork.
What sort of issues did you have repaired under warranty...just wondering what I should be looking out for.

OP
OP
CDBaines

CDBaines

Free Member
Sep 6, 2020
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
Since July 2020
Try Spinney they are just south of Knutsford.,approx £180 for a hab and damp check.they will probably do the check but depends how busy they are if it needs a warranty repair.they are autotrail agents. (y)
Actually bought it from Spinneys. I was just looking for some alternatives, so I’m not tied to the dealer.

Sep 4, 2020
Chester
Funster No
MH
Hymer S630
Exp
Since 2018
A&E Leisure in Northwich. I've not used them for our motorhome but we did use them for our caravan for a fair bit of work 👍

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Actually bought it from Spinneys. I was just looking for some alternatives, so I’m not tied to the dealer.
If you bought it from Spinney the hab check will be £150 .A&E have a good reputation also.as above. Assume you have some purchase warranty also with Spinney, I would try there first.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Great advice thanks, especially the mobile link.
I thought the guarantee was just 5 yrs. I accept your better knowledge, but I’ll check the paperwork.
What sort of issues did you have repaired under warranty...just wondering what I should be looking out for.

Yes check the warranty as they have changed it over time. Mine was a 2012 model and one of the first with the extended warranty. They may have started to back peddle from the 10 years. Main issues I had were damp / water ingress almost every year from new, kept with it for 7 years but gave up last year. Actually part exchanged it the week it last came back from a factory repair, which was quite major.

OP
OP
CDBaines

CDBaines

Free Member
Sep 6, 2020
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
Since July 2020
Yes check the warranty as they have changed it over time. Mine was a 2012 model and one of the first with the extended warranty. They may have started to back peddle from the 10 years. Main issues I had were damp / water ingress almost every year from new, kept with it for 7 years but gave up last year. Actually part exchanged it the week it last came back from a factory repair, which was quite major.
Hi. Mines a 2018 and I haven’t seen any ingress/damp yet, but I guess it’s early days. Except, I am waiting for both garage doors to be renewed as they were showing signs of damp when we purchases. Covid has severely slowed this work down. The salesman said it was due to the doors not being secured properly and I didn’t know any better.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back