Free Member
Aug 26, 2008
Somewhere warm
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2007
How did they ever get the name "Habitation Doors?" It's like calling dustmen, 'sanitary engineers.' Thank heavens people don't refer to their house front doors as habitation doors. Can we not just refer to them as 'entrance doors?"

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
How did they ever get the name "Habitation Doors?" It's like calling dustmen, 'sanitary engineers.' Thank heavens people don't refer to their house front doors as habitation doors. Can we not just refer to them as 'entrance doors?"

It's to distinguish between it and the cab doors .. which are also entrance doors..

some A class and RVs only have one door which is then called the house door .. complete with door bell, lantern light, cat flap and hanging basket :roflmto::roflmto:

Last edited:

peter t

Free Member
Feb 26, 2008
Sunny Croydon.
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
nearly a year.
Nice one Dave, You have the same opinion of Swift as I do! :thumb:

And me..... and don't forget the customer deserves it ooops sorry service dept. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: omg should'nt have said that they still ave me van.:RollEyes:

You can only live in hope .:thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
we dont have a 'habitation door'.....we have a side door and always will.
the cab doors are 'the front doors':thumb:::bigsmile:

not wide enough to be called doors anyway.....more like mis-matched panel gaps with a hinged filler panel.:RollEyes:

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
SWIFT call them fix it yourself doors.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Dave

You would not laugh if you saw the price, for my (2002) Swift 630g!!! The door has de-laminated but swift do not stock a door.

So the door frame, the door hinges, the door lock and the fly-screen door all have to be replaced along the the door its self which will be of a different design that the original.

If I could buy the original door I could do the job myself in about 1/2 an hour.

Doug...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back