Jan 23, 2012
Wales
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
Hi all,

wonder if you could help.

I have a six month old bessacarr e495 with a Hartol habitation door, which has just had the seal renewed under warranty (small piece torn away by lock when I picked it up). Trouble is, that after the seal was renewed (by local repair centre, which dealer arranged to save travel) , I had to slam the door to close it and have excessive noise from the door when travelling.

On closer inspection of the door, I noticed the door was bowed inwards top and bottom by about 6mm, and that the top of the door on the lock side was flush with the frame, whilst the bottom of the door on the lock side is standing out proud by about 6mm. The hinged side of the door is flush with the frame top to bottom. This seems to suggest that the door is either warped or has been fitted out of true. I had never noticed it before, as I never had cause to examine the door that closely

I went back to the dealer and was told that the bow was normal and that all doors were made like that, so that the top and bottom pulls in tightly when the door is locked, which just does not seem right. (Not had time to check other new motorhomes). The dealer made some adjustments and it now closes without slamming but I still have the noise from the door when travelling and the door is still proud of the frame at the bottom. I put a hose around the door and water poured in, so I have to ring dealer back again in the morning.

So my question is this,

Are habitation doors made bowed (I can't believe they are but may be wrong) and and has anyone else had similar problems?

Thanks all,

Zoophoo.

OP
OP
Z

Zoophoo

Free Member
Jan 23, 2012
Wales
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
In fairness, it was not Brown Hills.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Glynn

Free Member
May 2, 2010
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Sounds like they are fobbing you off with bullshit, no way should it be like that.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back