Habitation door lock extra lock? (1 Viewer)

EMS

Jan 8, 2010
Hants Sussex border near
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low
Exp
Started 2009!
We have a 2017 Dethleff Trend van purchased last year, it has central locking for all doors.
We have fitted internal dead locks for the front doors that can only be opened from the inside.
As I have read about the ease of opening/stealing vehicles with remote locking I would like a key lock for the habitation door so it may be locked when we are sleeping or the van is parked.
Our old Hymer had space to fit a second lock on the habitation door but there is no allocated space on the trend door.
Has any one managed to fit an extra lock on this type of door?

OP
OP
E

EMS

Jan 8, 2010
Hants Sussex border near
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low
Exp
Started 2009!
I will try to photo this week and post next week (our van is in storage at the moment)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
E

EMS

Jan 8, 2010
Hants Sussex border near
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low
Exp
Started 2009!
I have taken two photos of our van door from inside. As you can see there is a fly screen around the inside edge of the door and a cupboard on the lock side that will probably not permit the Milenco lock to be fitted.
Photos too large will try again later

Last edited:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
I have taken two photos of our van door from inside. As you can see there is a fly screen around the inside edge of the door and a cupboard on the lock side that will probably not permit the Milenco lock to be fitted.
Photos too large will try again later

Jim will show you. ;) :LOL: Bob

OP
OP
E

EMS

Jan 8, 2010
Hants Sussex border near
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low
Exp
Started 2009!
Thanks, I have to reduce the size of the photos, do you know what the max size of photos is to be inserted, mine were about 5Megabyte each?

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
I just put them on, a long while ago we had to resize but I think @Jim did something and it sorted them without having to do anything, ;) but I might have dreamt that bit. :LOL: Bob

@Gromett Karl is the man. (y)

OP
OP
E

EMS

Jan 8, 2010
Hants Sussex border near
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low
Exp
Started 2009!
A reduced size photo of our door. As you can see there is not much room around the door due to the fly screen and the cupboard.
door reduced.jpg

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
Reactions: SMB

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I too have fitted this lock and it’s excellent.
Mine also has limited room on the inside but I managed to install it higher up and it does the job.
I put one of this type on our van. Quite an easy job.
Fiamma do similar products.

One point to bear in mind is to check whether the lock will fit before you buy.
I used a profile gauge to make a card template and took it to two local shops, one of which sold Fiamma and and one of which sold Milenco.
The shops allowed me to test the profile against the products, proving that a Fiamma would not fit (so saving a waste of money) but the Milenco would.

Sep 21, 2013
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since Apr 2013
Before you fit one check with your insurance that it is ok to fit an extra lock as they could count it as a modification and refuse to pay out. I know it sounds stupid but their excuse is that it will cause more damage if somebody breaks in

Apr 10, 2010
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since Sept 2003
As I have read about the ease of opening/stealing vehicles with remote locking
Hi - could you elaborate on this, please? Do you mean the keyless entry relaying, or is there something else?

OP
OP
E

EMS

Jan 8, 2010
Hants Sussex border near
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low
Exp
Started 2009!
Yes keyless entry was my worry as these devices are readily available on the internet and not very expensive compared to a motorhome.
Also when we are parked on an Aire an internal lock would give greater security, we had on our Hymer a place on the door to mount a second lock but the Dethleff does not have this space. Hence the question is asked.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back