Habitation Door Handle (7 Viewers)

Dec 10, 2019
South West
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Reposted i didn’t check the spelling.

The internal handle (pull handle) on our 630 has become loose I can’t see how to tighten it any help would be appreciated.

Sep 5, 2021
Funster No
MH
Chausson 628eb
I'm new to all this got a chausson 628eb and the habition door went stiff to open and I think the kids have broken it now outside handle does feel like it's doing anything now and it will only open from inside now if slight pressure is applied to the door how do you dismantle them door to see the mechanism on the inside

Apr 25, 2024
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640
Reposted i didn’t check the spelling.

The internal handle (pull handle) on our 630 has become loose I can’t see how to tighten it any help would be appreciated.
Hello.
How did you get on tightening your door handle.
We have a Chausson 640 and the same problem. It looks like there are two knock-outs on either end of the handle, but I'm scared to knock them out in case they cannot be replaced!
Many thanks

OP
OP
P
Dec 10, 2019
South West
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Hello.
How did you get on tightening your door handle.
We have a Chausson 640 and the same problem. It looks like there are two knock-outs on either end of the handle, but I'm scared to knock them out in case they cannot be replaced!
Many thanks
Hello #denncarey999 I had a mobile caravan/mobile home engineer attend. He found that the handle was in two parts and managed to separate them, he was braver than me as I wasn’t sure they would come apart.

Once he had them separated he tightened the existing screw and also installed another both were also glued so if it happens again I will need a new handle. All has been good for a while.

Oct 22, 2019
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 welcome
Exp
Since October 2019
I have a 640 also
And the handle can be tightened by removing the end caps and you’ll see the screws .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back