Habitation Door flyscreen (1 Viewer)

Jo Goose

Free Member
Apr 23, 2018
Funster No
We have a 2000 Euramobil and there is a fly screen on the habitation door but it seems to have a part missing!
It looks like there should be something on the door, about halfway up that slides across so you can shut the fly screen but leave the habitation door open? The fly screen clips to the habitation door when not in use.

I have tried several dealers but they are not interested( probably because its an older MH)

I was wondering if anyone else has a door like this and may know what part is missing? and where I could get one?

Thanks

OP
OP
J

Jo Goose

Free Member
Apr 23, 2018
Funster No
38BA7BBC-C05C-4A37-9E63-7042836F64F2.jpeg
62B7BE09-F5CF-44BB-9C76-3098168363F3.jpeg
C2222867-879F-414E-83D1-85BAE954A71F.jpeg
I’ll try !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Does the existing piece of plastic move across?

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Pics worked fine

Does the white section centre of the flyscreen not slide accross and catch on the door frame? If not there's a second part from that missing it's the same setup I had on my mobilvetta.
Easily broken so there's a good chance that's what's happened.

OP
OP
J

Jo Goose

Free Member
Apr 23, 2018
Funster No
Hi, No the solid piece is metal but has a lip as if something should slide across it to hold it closed?
Dont know if that any help?

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Yep there should be a curved plastic section that slides accross.
Depending on the make of the screen you'll probably find it isn't exclusive to euro Mobil so might be better looking for a manufacturers label or name on it and then approaching them

Aug 27, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Tandy 640+
Exp
Since 2014
Your catch to attach the flyscreen to the door looks like a later addition to me.

I've a very similar door, there is a sliding plastic section that originally both made the flyscreen lock onto the door so they operate as one unit, and the same section makes the flyscreen lock to the doorframe when in use independently. It's a rubbish design as the sliding plastic section is too weak for the job and eventually breaks, what has almost certainly happened to yours. Mine was just starting to go so I made a new way to attach the flyscreen to the door. All still works but I have to say I've never used the flyscreen in it's own. Will post up a picture later.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
As an alternative if you don't get it fixed I've heard those chenille ones that hang are very good

I sadly can't fit one to my present van but would if I could

Nov 6, 2016
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Chieftain
Exp
Since 2015
same set up on our 2000 Autotrail Chieftain, metal slider which engages into door lock keep on frame
Try a brreaker
Joe

Aug 27, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Tandy 640+
Exp
Since 2014
Door and flyscreen together - the sliding knob at the bottom is attached to the sliding plastic plate you'll see below, which is what locked them together originally. The black knob at the top I added, it screws into a threaded plate that is attached to the door and is what now holds the door & flyscreen together, as the plate was starting to break.

Inside of flycreen showing the sliding bit that is similar to what looks to be missing on yours

Flyscreen closing onto doorframe

Flyscreen locked onto doorframe

Hope that helps. I don't think you've got any chance of finding one in a breaker, it's the weak point in the design so it breaks. I can't tell from your pictures, but if yours had a flat plate like mine you could make a replacement from a piece of aluminium. Otherwise I'd check carefully to see if you can find a maker's name on that door - it'll be a bought in component - to see if you can get a new plate.

Last edited:

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
I expect there is a thin channel on the inside of the central horizontal spars. A molded insert would slide along these to cover the lock and deny flies a through passage. The molding would have ‘furry’ edges to close off any gaps.

You might be able to fabricate something similar with Aluminium sheet.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
If you go on Ebay and put it RV door slide you'll find loads of them come up so you might find a suitable replacement, or get one that you can cut to size like this:

Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
Sorry to hijack this thread but I wondered if anyone can tell me what product is used to secure the mesh to the frame of the flyscreen. Mine has some blue tack like substance in parts of it which obviously isn't the right stuff as it is sticky and comes off if i touch it whereas the other original stuff is more like putty in colour and dry and hard.
Maybe it is putty

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
Sorry to hijack this thread but I wondered if anyone can tell me what product is used to secure the mesh to the frame of the flyscreen. Mine has some blue tack like substance in parts of it which obviously isn't the right stuff as it is sticky and comes off if i touch it whereas the other original stuff is more like putty in colour and dry and hard.
Maybe it is putty
Mine was a rubberised plastic insert.

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Looks like you have the same door as our Swift. We have an Aluminium plate the slides across to lock the flyscreen closed with a pin that goes into the door frame. The mesh is held in with a thin plastic tube that locates in a channel around the door, holding the net in place.
If you want, I will post a picture of the slider and net holding in device tomorrow.

Aug 27, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Tandy 640+
Exp
Since 2014
Maybe it is putty

Mine has a thin soft plastic tube with a ribbed outer surface that is pushed into a very narrow slot in the aluminium door frame - trapping and securing the mesh as it does so.

Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
Mine has a thin soft plastic tube with a ribbed outer surface that is pushed into a very narrow slot in the aluminium door frame - trapping and securing the mesh as it does so.
Thanks ...looks like it's been bodged... twice!!
I also have the same problem as Jo Goose nothing to secure the fly screen to the door frame when needed so I just use elastic band or hair band around the door lock.

Oct 19, 2017
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Class C?
Exp
Returning to a motorhome.
I have just replaced the mesh on my 2001 Autocruise vista. It has a tapered rubber fixing strip that is pushed into the channel along with the mesh. I used a couple of dabs of glue on the corners just to make sure it didn't pull out.

Ours looks very similar as yours, with a plastic sliding section that is a bit naff and flimsy, but does the job.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back