Habitation door fly screen required (1 Viewer)

jacken

Free Member
Dec 9, 2007
kent
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
8 years
Hi,

I wish to fit a cassette type (slides from the side) door fly screen. Does any-one know where I can source such a thing, preferbaly in the UK. I have seen Rapidos and Swift with a Horrex fly screen. But the Horrex web site must be the worst I have seen with no information as such. I have emailed them in Holland but no reply as yet.

thanks.

ken

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi,

I wish to fit a cassette type (slides from the side) door fly screen. Does any-one know where I can source such a thing, preferbaly in the UK. I have seen Rapidos and Swift with a Horrex fly screen. But the Horrex web site must be the worst I have seen with no information as such. I have emailed them in Holland but no reply as yet.

thanks.

ken

Hi Ken,

This any good? on our website.
Screen for camper van, motorhome or caravan door consisting of 2 overlapping panels.
Each panel is 230cm high and 35cm wide.
The bottom of each panel is reinforced to prevent flapping and wrinkles occurring.
Easily installed by sliding into the wall track provided. Height is adjustable.​

Link Removed

davaud

Free Member
Mar 20, 2008
cheshire
Funster No
MH
1992 coachbuilt
Exp
3 years motorhoming 18 years caraving
if the 2 panels off mesh will do and i think there alright go to aldi i only paid a fiver for the same thing but in black

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
J

jacken

Free Member
Dec 9, 2007
kent
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
8 years
That's kind of you with your suggestions, but I want to treat myself to one of the type that is pleated and slides across in it's own frame. I have seen them on new caravans/motorhomes but can't find out where to get one.

ken

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
That's kind of you with your suggestions, but I want to treat myself to one of the type that is pleated and slides across in it's own frame. I have seen them on new caravans/motorhomes but can't find out where to get one.
ken

We have one on our Abbey Spectrum caravan. Nice piece of kit and does a fair job of allowing an open door with out drafts as well as flys. Prefer ours to my mates. His is the spring return type which I find awkward to open and usually flys back faster than Arkwrights till taking your finger nails with it!:Eeek: Ours is the tension type that you manually open/close.
Try phoning Swift. I've done so a couple of times and found them very helpfull on the phone. They may be able to point you in the right direction.:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
J

jacken

Free Member
Dec 9, 2007
kent
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
8 years
Thanks Zazcar,

Are yours the pleated type? if so sounds just what I am after.

ken

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
Thanks Zazcar,
Are yours the pleated type? if so sounds just what I am after.
ken

Yes, they are. When i get home tonight, i'll have a look and see if i can find a makers plate/part number:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back