Jul 24, 2019
Cardiff
Funster No
MH
PVC Sunlight Cliff
Exp
Since 2018
Hi,
Does anyone have any information about habitation checks for a Sunlight Cliff PVC? Should it be annual or every couple of years? Thanks!

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
It usually depends more on a manufacturers or dealers warrantee. If it's out of warrantee then it's entirely your call - based on usage and age usually. If you have gas then your best getting the boiler checked every year, some places will do a gas and leccy check for much less than a full hab one (especially as PVC are less damp susceptible).

Last edited:
OP
OP
GrahamCardiff

GrahamCardiff

Free Member
Jul 24, 2019
Cardiff
Funster No
MH
PVC Sunlight Cliff
Exp
Since 2018
Thanks - yes I was told a PVC doesn’t need a water ingress check .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
GrahamCardiff

GrahamCardiff

Free Member
Jul 24, 2019
Cardiff
Funster No
MH
PVC Sunlight Cliff
Exp
Since 2018
Yes, the manufacturer confirmed that no water ingress check is needed.

OP
OP
GrahamCardiff

GrahamCardiff

Free Member
Jul 24, 2019
Cardiff
Funster No
MH
PVC Sunlight Cliff
Exp
Since 2018
Here’s what Sunlight said . Could still be worth a check though.

Attachments

• 6FAE99C1-45BF-45E0-9140-6DCEDFD51140.png
    6FAE99C1-45BF-45E0-9140-6DCEDFD51140.png
    215.9 KB · Views: 68

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
Hi,
Does anyone have any information about habitation checks for a Sunlight Cliff PVC? Should it be annual or every couple of years? Thanks!

Collected our Cliff last September. Dealer said to keep the 5 year warranty valid the Habitation checks should be carried out annually at a Sunlight authorised dealership. (y)

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Collected our Cliff last September. Dealer said to keep the 5 year warranty valid the Habitation checks should be carried out annually at a Sunlight authorised dealership.
Being a German van I very much doubt it I suggest you check with Sunlight also I expect the warranty is only 2 years. The water ingress warranty will be 5 years and it may need an annual damp check.

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
Being a German van I very much doubt it I suggest you check with Sunlight also I expect the warranty is only 2 years. The water ingress warranty will be 5 years and it may need an annual damp check.
Extended warranty. Base vehicle Fiat 2 years, with Dealer extending (via RAC policy) another 3 years…..probably not worth the paper it’s written on.

Sunlight Habitation Warranty 2 years, Dealer extending it by another 3 years……subject to annual checks being done from new.

Manufacturers 5 year Water ingress warranty. (y)

Last edited:

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Most Motorhomes and Campervans will have gas appliances, gas cylinders etc. There is a requirement to have an annual check by a qualified Gas Safe Engineer. There is a Health & Safety Executive Code to be followed and if you ever have a fire or gas related accident you will be expected to demonstrate how you have complied with the code which includes an annual gas safety check by a qualified Gas Safe Engineer qualified to check the gas systems and appliances in your van. Legal liability for third party injury and damage and denial of responsibility by your insurers is a probable consequence. I think there are also requirements to have periodic certifications of Electrical installations. I'll leave this here for people to consider.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Most Motorhomes and Campervans will have gas appliances, gas cylinders etc. There is a requirement to have an annual check by a qualified Gas Safe Engineer. There is a Health & Safety Executive Code to be followed and if you ever have a fire or gas related accident you will be expected to demonstrate how you have complied with the code which includes an annual gas safety check by a qualified Gas Safe Engineer qualified to check the gas systems and appliances in your van. Legal liability for third party injury and damage and denial of responsibility by your insurers is a probable consequence. I think there are also requirements to have periodic certifications of Electrical installations. I'll leave this here for people to consider.
That only applies to hire vehicles. The only gas safety check I'm aware of is German registered vehicles have to have a check every two years.

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
That only applies to hire vehicles. The only gas safety check I'm aware of is German registered vehicles have to have a check every two years.
The document I read made no mention of only applying to hire vehicles.

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Lenny HB I owe you an apology! I went back intending to find the regulations and post hem here only to find that they do clearly state that the regs apply to hired/rental vehicles or static or mobile caravans and privately owned ones are specifically excluded!

Jan 23, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 660SP
Exp
25 years
Sorry if I'm being think but;

A Warranty Cut.jpg

To me that reads that there is no warranty, not that checks aren't retired.

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
Sorry if I'm being think but;

View attachment 532418
To me that reads that there is no warranty, not that checks aren't retired.

Not sure what you mean….my warranty documents have water ingress cover, along with a whole load of conditions you have to comply with for any of the warranty to be valid.

Water can get in via several areas as the van has had holes cut in the roof and sides. (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back