Habitation battery fixings 2006 B544 (1 Viewer)

Dec 13, 2013
peterborough
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
just started
Trying to change over the battery, it is fixed with bent steel plates and two bolts at front and sides.
Bolts just turn quite freely but do not undo. Tried lifting the plate to fix the hidden fixing but no good. Bolts look clean and not rusted.

Is there a trick to this that I am missing? I can only think now to drill out the bolts and make new fixings but that seems a bit drastic.

Jan 27, 2009
Leyland Lancs
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2001
Trying to change over the battery, it is fixed with bent steel plates and two bolts at front and sides.
Bolts just turn quite freely but do not undo. Tried lifting the plate to fix the hidden fixing but no good. Bolts look clean and not rusted.

Is there a trick to this that I am missing? I can only think now to drill out the bolts and make new fixings but that seems a bit drastic.

I assume you are talking about the leisure battery? If so, where is it fitted?
Is your B544 fitted on the Fiat chassis?
Would have thought it would be easier to grind the bolt heads off if need be?

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011

SandraL

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer b694sl
Exp
Since 2012 + Caravanner for 20+ years
I think, it was a few years ago, that the plates have square holes in them. The bolts have a short section of square shank that locates in the plates to stop them turning.
Rest of bolt round and threaded as normal. So can only be undone by unscrewing the nut underneath.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back