Habitation area floor damage - advice please (1 Viewer)

GerTee

LIFE MEMBER
May 9, 2016
Near Fareham
Funster No
MH
Burstner iXeo
Exp
Since 2016 - UK & Europe
We have recently returned from our trip to Europe during which I managed to drop our iPad on the floor (corner first!) which has resulted in a small dent/tear in the kitchen area floor (see pictures attached).

I would be most grateful if those who know more than me can offer any advice as to how to get the damaged area watertight so we can clean/wash the floor and if possible, improve the cosmetic appearance of the damage as well.

Thanks in advance for any advice...

Alan

Damage 1.jpg
Damage 2.jpg
Damage 3.jpg

Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
There are probably lots of ways of doing it. If it were me I'd use clear silicon seal. If you mask it down to a small square, and use a damp plastic spreader to smooth it it will hardly show. After it has set, a very light cut along the edge of the mask should leave it neat and tidy.

Malcolm

cornish boy

Free Member
Jul 24, 2016
Body in Hampshire, heart in Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki 669.
Exp
not so newbie anymore - since 2016
How about popping into your local chemist and buying a syringe and thin needle so you can inject a thin(ish) glue under the vinyl until it pushes it back up level. If they can't help with a syringe/needle, then your local vet might be the next best point of call.

If you use silicone sealant, white spirit is the best liquid to smooth the surface but check that it doesnt affect the floor covering first.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Ber090

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 12, 2012
West Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2012
I recognise the Burstner Lino. You should be able to lift the edge of the Lino where it is dented. Then push in some wood filler ( you can get loads of different colours) until you feel it level. Wipe clean and leave to set. Job done.
Cheers
Bernie

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Have you tried running a hot spoon over it like an iron it may bring out the dent don't heat with blow lamp but put in very hot water.
Not guaranteed but worth a try.(y)

Kevan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2014
Kent and south west France
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
30 years caravan/motorhome
Looks like a right off to me, i would claim on insurance for new Motorhome:):whistle:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I'd second @Ber090 suggestion woodfiller under the lino wait till it sets then a little glue and press down the lino
Best way to achieve a hardly visible repair

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back