Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
Hi does anybody know who supplies and fits extra habitation door locks at the shows, Malvern would be best. Want a bit of extra security for the door at night. Cheers Colyn

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
If you are looking at fitting the Fiamma Safe Door Frame or the Milenco Door Frame Lock both are pretty simple DIY jobs.

When I looked at the door frame on our van I wasn't sure which, if either, would fit so bought a Contour Gauge and made myself a pattern in card before going to local shops. The pattern demonstrated that the Fiamma would not fit, as there was insufficient depth in the frame to take the part through which the screws go but the Milenco turned out to be a perfect fit against the pattern.

Fitting was very easy. Decide where to put the lock, drill holes, squeeze some sealant in, drive home screws, job done. There is a video on the Milenco web site showing how to fit the lock.

OP
OP
Ivory55

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
Hi, I did look and thought space beside the door was tight. The fall out if I drilled in the wrong spot you can imagine, ha ha. Thought it would be easier to get it done. Cheers

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
We have limited space & after much searching posts here & on the web found the best option was the Heosafe door lock Broken Link Removed
Easy enough to fit & no drilling! It can be locked on the outside whilst locked or unlocked on the inside but have to be careful to not lock ourselves out once outside... Works well & use when leaving unattended & when sleeping inside overnight. Best price we found was £69.95 plus delivery charge (or free if order over £100 & lots of useful goodies on their website) from here http://www.motorcaravanning.co.uk/shopuk/safety_security.htm
We will be at Malvern if anyone wants to have a look at ours?!

Last edited:

themogs

Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
Wales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Not Long Enough.
Hi Colyn (y)
Are U trying to keep people out ?? , or is Jill trying to keep U in:whistle::whistle:

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Also pleased with Fiamma Safe Door (both versions) for garage/locker doors after returning Milenco version which had a very poor paint finish & was very heavy. Normally like Milenco products but this one falls short of their normal standards.

OP
OP
Ivory55

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
Hi, Jill is trying to keep me out. Reckons I make to much mess. We want to go to France in October on the aires, but Jill wants to feel more secure at night if not on a camp site that's why I wanted some extra security fitted. Never used the aires before so first try. Cheers

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
If you are going to Malvern, Harrison Locks in Worcester might be worth contacting. Link Removed
Don't worry about the website looking a bit basic - his original domain has been hijacked and he is in the process of building a new website.

We had four Abus Heosafe deadlocks locks fitted by him several years ago (driver's and hab door and both garage doors). He did a good job. Although the shop is in the centre of Worcester, I think he does the motorhome work at his home which must be within reach of Malvern - (not sure where he lives now as he has moved nearer to Worcester since ours were fitted).

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back