Hab check let down (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

N Luyetund

Deleted User
Having heard good reports about CLS I booked the service for today which was the earliest date available... the booking was made around 10 days ago.

By 10am he hadn't arrived; having been told it would be around 9am I was a little concerned so I rang the office... I'll get him to ring you I was told.

:thumbdown:Mark rang to apologise, he didn't have my phone number (it was at the office:Doh:)... he'd been directed to another job which was obviously more important (or perhaps more lucrative) than my confirmed booking:Angry:

Next available date... 1st November:Doh:

:thumbdown:Not with CLS thanks... I need someone I can rely on.

Now I have to start again and find somewhere to get it done before the time runs out... just what I need:RollEyes: ...not!

OP
OP
N

N Luyetund

Deleted User
It's an ill wind...

Just booked the van in with a Swift approved local firm... £37.00 cheaper than the CLS quote :winky:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

...bit of a berger having to get a bus back but with £37 in me pocket and me wrinklies' bus pass I should worry?:ROFLMAO:

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Sorry to hear that Graham. Sometimes, successful one-man-bands are victims of their own success - Mark travels all over the country and I'm sure relies entirely on his office setup to make reliable appointments and tell him where to go - this has proved unreliable for you and he probably needs to make some changes there so that this sort of thing doesn't happen, if he wants to maintain a good reputation.

I'd still rather have Mark visit my van than have to drag it off to Brownhills, losing a whole day so doing, and pay over £200 for a very iffy job, for what Mark does very thoroughly for £80. Shame about his organisation though, he needs to get a PDA or something and carry his diary with him on his travels rather than relying on "the office".

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Hi,

I've been watching this thread with interest.

What exactly does/should the Hab check cover please and how thorough is it?

Steve.

Last edited:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi,

I've been watching this thread with interest.

What exactly does/should the Hab check cover please and how thorough is it?

Steve.
That is the $24000question and i know who I would rather trust to do a habbitation check
I'm sorry too that Mark wasn't up to the mark(excuse the pun) this time.
I'm also sorry that Graham felt the urge to publicly lambast CLS despite getting and explanation and apology from mark, also that the cheaper service lives up to rather than down to its price :Sad:
Geo

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
That is the $24000question and i know who I would rather trust to do a habbitation check
I'm sorry too that Mark wasn't up to the mark(excuse the pun) this time.
I'm also sorry that Graham felt the urge to publicly lambast CLS despite getting and explanation and apology from mark, also that the cheaper service lives up to rather than down to its price :Sad:
Geo

So you would recommend Mark then Geo?:thumb:

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Having heard good reports about CLS I booked the service for today which was the earliest date available... the booking was made around 10 days ago.

By 10am he hadn't arrived; having been told it would be around 9am I was a little concerned so I rang the office... I'll get him to ring you I was told.

:thumbdown:Mark rang to apologise, he didn't have my phone number (it was at the office:Doh:)... he'd been directed to another job which was obviously more important (or perhaps more lucrative) than my confirmed booking:Angry:

Next available date... 1st November:Doh:

:thumbdown:Not with CLS thanks... I need someone I can rely on.

Now I have to start again and find somewhere to get it done before the time runs out... just what I need:RollEyes: ...not!

Hi Graham, Sorry too hear about your problems. I wasnt aware that there was an expiry time for a habitation check or am I missing something.

Now I have to start again and find somewhere to get it done before the time runs out

Cheers Jim :Smile:, as a side issue I have heard a lot of good things about Mark. Maybe give him a break and speak to him

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
So you would recommend Mark then Geo?:thumb:
Hi
There is a habitation inspection check list on this forum somewhere. It was posted ealier in the year. I may even have taken a printed copy of it. I shall have a look. Maybe somebody else can remember where it is on the forum

Cheers

Jim :Smile:

OP
OP
N

N Luyetund

Deleted User
I'm also sorry that Graham felt the urge to publicly lambast CLS despite getting and explanation and apology from mark

Lambast.... bit OTT, but consistent.
It was a simple statement of facts; notwithstanding the explanation and apology (which I had to phone for:Doh:) the guy didn't turn up ...

can't change facts...

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
And why the personal attack on me, explain why I'm consistantly OTT

lambast - censure severely or angrily; "The mother scolded the child for entering a stranger's car"; "The deputy ragged the Prime Minister"; "The customer dressed down the waiter for bringing cold soup"
Suits your comments perfectly
Regards
OTT Geo

OP
OP
N

N Luyetund

Deleted User
Geo, it's simple physics... actions and reactions...

Personal attack... hardly :RollEyes:
The initial posting was a simple statement of the facts of the matter, it was not a censure, nor was it severe... therefore 'Lambast' was not appropriate and worse, a little emotive. I simply responded to your response which was, from reading your many posts, predictably consistent with the impression I'd gained.

Your plaudit was one of several that swayed my decision to patronise CLS. Were you aware that non appearance, without explanation or notification, was a possibility?

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Well Im sorry you feel let down by Mark, I personaly know Mark is a hardworking guy offering value, but more improtantly a guy that cares about the work he's doing. I would rather have to wait and get him to do it than use a few of the sharks that are around.

So he never turned up, so there was a bit of a mix up, but Geo is right, your comment that he was diverted to a more lucrative job, is not nice and not as you put it FACT, just pure speculation on your part.

Im sure your dissapointed but if we all posted on times that there had been a mix up or a breakdown when expecting someone to arrive, poor Jim would not have any bandwith left.

Its frustrating but live with it.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Geo, it's simple physics... actions and reactions...

Personal attack... hardly :RollEyes:
The initial posting was a simple statement of the facts of the matter,it was not a censure, nor was it severe... therefore 'Lambast' was not appropriate and worse, a little emotive. I simply responded to your response which was, from reading your many posts, predictably consistent with the impression I'd gained.

Your plaudit was one of several that swayed my decision to patronise CLS. Were you aware that non appearance, without explanation or notification, was a possibility?

Censure: Definition,a judgment or resolution condemning a person for misconduct;
Thats exactly what it was!!!!
carry on the more you reply the sillier you look:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I wll take up the personal issues personally:winky:
Geo OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back