H.U.D windscreen sticker (1 Viewer)

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
To counter that Landy Andy , we increased our width of tyre by 10 (215 to 225) without increasing or decreasing the profile.
Not only did that make our speedo almost bang on but also increased our Tyre Load Index.

Result all round.
Interesting. I’ve just swapped from 215 to 225, but didn’t even think to check the speedo, as just use the one on my radio. (More accurate and easier to see). So Fiat fiction may be more realistic now.

Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
Good
Fragle - couple of questions please.

Reviews seem to suggest that OBD speed not necessarily accurate so do you use GPS and is it easy to toggle between? (thinking France and zero tolerances for 80Kmh)

If it's connected to OBD for power and has auto shutoff have you noticed any particular vehicle battery drain issues (beyond the normal Ducato one). I saw a review which suggested disconnecting the wire from pin 16 on the OBD port and running it to a live ignition on feed. This possibly suggests that pin 16 is live even when the ignition is off
Fragle - couple of questions please.

Reviews seem to suggest that OBD speed not necessarily accurate so do you use GPS and is it easy to toggle between? (thinking France and zero tolerances for 80Kmh)

If it's connected to OBD for power and has auto shutoff have you noticed any particular vehicle battery drain issues (beyond the normal Ducato one). I saw a review which suggested disconnecting the wire from pin 16 on the OBD port and running it to a live ignition on feed. This possibly suggests that pin 16 is live even when the ignition is off
Good morning Roger20
The speed reading is adjustable I’ve set mine so showing 30 will be 28/29 ish on sat back and has been ok with cameras speed vans in this country
I did wonder about the power draw and I spoke with gadget John as this was one of his recommended HUD he said it’s so little don’t worry.
I’ve had this 18 months plugged in with no problem. That said I just unplugged cable during winter from bottom of the unit just in case
hope this helps

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back