Guide to Roaming Data - November 2014 (1 Viewer)

Addie

Trader - Motorhome Wifi
Oct 15, 2011
York
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Many of you might have seen this already, but I wanted to post it up as I know that many of you are now heading to Spain for the winter and this is more relevant to you than ever.

Broken Link Removed

Of particular interest at the NEC was the DSG Knowhow SIM deal which covers both Spain and Portugal and is the only SIM card to do so at anything like a decent rate with upto 10GB available for £25.99pm on a 30 day rolling contract.

Here is a table of the best UK packages available for use abroad at the moment by country:

deal_table2.png

I'm not necessarily recommending this - but in the interest of giving you all the facts am making you aware of its presence. I'd be interest to know your feedback of anyone who takes the deal into Spain or Portugal this winter.

It's going to be an interesting year for 3/4G roaming data - there is a light at the end of the tunnel for sure, but nobody really knows what the landscape is going to look like post December 2015.

All the best,

Adam & Sophie
Motorhome WiFi

Steve101uk

Free Member
Jun 6, 2012
EUROPEAN UNION
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740 C
Exp
since 2007 caravan before that
Three doesn't work for me as I cant tether with it and we use a couple of ipads and phones. I am using Joe Mobile when in France which has been well priced and decent amount of data and tethering.

I dont know if you can get the three deal using a MiFi although I don't want to pay out for a MiFi as the android phone works just as well for tethering.

cheers

Steve

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Addie

Addie

Trader - Motorhome Wifi
Oct 15, 2011
York
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Three doesn't work for me as I cant tether with it and we use a couple of ipads and phones.

If you use a Three Mobile Broadband SIM you can share the connection to as many devices as you wish - it is just the mobile phone plans where tethering is prohibited (see the article where this is covered in detail). Ideally this SIM would be used in a MiFi or a tablet directly.

Adam

Steve101uk

Free Member
Jun 6, 2012
EUROPEAN UNION
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740 C
Exp
since 2007 caravan before that
If you use a Three Mobile Broadband SIM you can share the connection to as many devices as you wish - it is just the mobile phone plans where tethering is prohibited (see the article where this is covered in detail). Ideally this SIM would be used in a MiFi or a tablet directly.

Adam
Cheers Adam,

I'll look into this

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back