LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Really peed off .. typing this at the library which won't let me open half the web sites I want to access...

My computer stopped working because it said I have used up all my allowance..Three (3) broadband..... I havn't used anywhere near my allowance so came to the library and went onto my account pages (limited access) and from what I gather I seem to have had Apps running in the background ... (could be when computer switched off .. is this possible?) but already told you that my computer hacked into and these apps keep popping up. I switch them off as I see them but they must be downloading or running or something without my knowledge. I have malaware bytes running and disc cleaner is used. What can I do to stop this continuing, please?

(please keep answers very simple and go through each stage, don't say 'open ......' please tell me how I open it.)

It is a friend's celebration tomorrow and I need to know asap...

Will come back to library later if you can help before then I would so appreciate it. Many thanks.:Sad:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
malwarebytes will only work in real time if you subscribe otherwise it will just clean them when you run a scan. In real time it stops them ever getting on the computer.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
If you are still having problems when we get to Stratford I will look at it for you. It's too hard to sort out remotely unfortunately.

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Joy

Are you using a mifi? Is it password protected? Has some one hacked into it and used All of your allowance. It may be nothing to do with your pc.

John

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
cut your losses and do a factory reset/format.

It wipes ALL personal files and added programs, rewrites the windows operating system and goes to the same state as it was when you bought it.

Its a very hard choice (had to do it twice now) to make as EVERYTHING is lost...but you do have a new computer.

You could save all your photos and documents to a seperate hard drive, scan for viruses then download to your reinstated computer....after you reinstall your programs...or just save them to windows documents.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back