Guardamar - what's it like as a base for winter apartment rental? (1 Viewer)

GeriatricWanderer

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, just cos I can!
Funster No
MH
Pop-Top Campervan
Exp
45years
For many years we've overwintered in South Africa but now looking for a destination a bit closer to home. We do appreciate that a Spanish winter is not the same as a South African summer and are happy to adapt to cooler climes.
With our local airport just 10 minutes away from home here, an obvious destination airport would be Alicante and nearby Guardamar has been recommended as "not a bad place to overwinter".
We're planning to rent an apartment/villa down that way for a week or so in February or March (with a rental car) to check out the area to see if we could spend a two or three months there in future years.

I don't know that part of the coast too well so I'm looking for any comments/suggestions/recommendations for that part of the country. Thanks

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
I do not now Guardamar but Javea and Moraira are good destinations. However, winters are not hot. You might consider places further South in Spain for better weather. Exceptionally good rates can be negotiated for car hire in winter for minimum one month hire.

mid4did

Free Member
Sep 29, 2012
N.somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp R 655 GT
Exp
started in a minivan 1970's when I could fit into it.
currently at Marjal ca
20151028_142224.jpg
20151028_142211.jpg
20151028_135851.jpg
mpsite next door to Guardamar.We like it there,a nice lively town with a good sandy beach and a large market on wednesdays.The usual cafe/restaurants along the seafront.Got a front wheel slow puncture on the push bike and the local small garage pumped it up and refused to take anything,very friendly place :)(y)(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jim999bob

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
isle wight
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Hi. We have a motorhome and a house near Torreveija. We quite like guardamar, laid back, nice beach and park. Could rent u my house if you want, as long as it isnt uk half term as we will be using it. Regards jim

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Good luck, it (the general area around there) was the most down market bit we saw on our trip to Spain this year. Lots of signs written in English, high rise buildings in places. But clearly popular with many folk so very much up to you.

I would suggest Àguilas which is a little further south. If for no other reason than they have one of the wildest fiestas in Spain in February.

A beach near Àguilas.

LrMobile2810-2015-0803359131386996.jpeg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
Guardamar is quite a nice small resort
with a reasonable selection of bars and
a few good restaurants there is a goodish antique
market locally and a good outdoor/sunday market.
ReMax used to be a good estate agent locally but that was a few years ago. good luck
an apartment 1-2 bedroom should be rentable long term for about 400 Eu/Mnth

Euro@1.40=£1.00

Last edited:
OP
OP
GeriatricWanderer

GeriatricWanderer

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, just cos I can!
Funster No
MH
Pop-Top Campervan
Exp
45years
Good luck, it (the general area around there) was the most down market bit we saw on our trip to Spain this year. Lots of signs written in English, high rise buildings in places. But clearly popular with many folk so very much up to you.
I would suggest Àguilas which is a little further south. If for no other reason than they have one of the wildest fiestas in Spain in February.
Thanks - we may well take a drive down there but we need to stay closer to Alicante airport for this quick trip.

Reactions: DBK

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back