Gtechniq C4 Permanent Trim Restorer (1 Viewer)

SteveJ

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 30, 2018
March, Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 620
Exp
Since 2013
was recommended this by a friend who runs a detailing company, and from past experience of other Gtechniq products thought it was worth a go due to the badly faded state of the mirrors on my 20 year old Roadstar. I am impressed with the results. Not a cheap product but I used just over half of the 15ml bottle to do both mirrors and door handles. They say it lasts for 2 years but we shall see.

Before:
Handle-before.jpg
Mirror-before.jpg

And after:

Handle-after.jpg
Mirror-after.jpg

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
We can all get them to look like that, but the crucial point is how long it lasts.
If yours lasts 2 years then you are into a winner with that stuff, please keep us updated through the next 2 winters etc.
How much was the bottle?

OP
OP
SteveJ

SteveJ

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 30, 2018
March, Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 620
Exp
Since 2013
As you say, the crucial point is how long it lasts. From past experience with Gtechniq products on a couple of cars over the past 6 or 7 years they do a superb job and do last well, but I would say, from personal experience, not quite as long as they say, but whether that was due to living in a fairly harsh coastal environment (very exposed, lots of salt spray) or not it is hard to say. Now we're a good 40 miles inland hopefully it'll last a bit longer. I'll post a few updates over the next couple of years. As for price, well I got it trade price through a friend, but it's about £20 retail for a 15ml bottle, which they say is sufficient for the trim on a BMW 5 series.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back