Oct 16, 2019
Finchingfield
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 331
Exp
1 day!
Hello everyone
I have just acquired a 2017 Benimar Mileo and despite it only covering 10,500 miles the previous owners were not too careful in keeping the upholstery clean resulting in grimey marks, tea stains etc. I notice that the covers are all zipped and hence removable and wonder if anybody has had any experience in either washing or dry cleaning them?
Any help any hints or tips will be very much appreciated
Craig

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
On my past van, a 6 berth with 2 Lounges and so plenty of cushions, it was well used for most of the year. Local mobile car valeter came and did it all while still in place for £30. Came up a treat.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
We washed one cushion on a test wash on an old van and it shrunk and was very difficult to get back on.... so be aware...

we once hired the rug doctor from our local supermarket and did it our selfs with the small hand nozzle on all the cushions on our present van, it came up a treat and would do it again..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
If the covers can be unzipped I'd guess there will be cleaning instructions on a label somewhere. I'd really caution against putting them in a washing machine though as the fabrics used in seat covers are specially treated and don't do well with this sort of treatment. It'll probably say something like "dry clean only"

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
Not really much help with the problem sorry but I've noticed over the last few years how poor the seats are on most models made by the Trigano group. I've had 2 Chaussons and they both had baggy, saggy thin and horrible covers over the seats and cab seating that really let the side down, unlike most other makes that have lovely upholstered seats. I saw an article the other day in a magazine that had a picture of a brand new 2020 Benimar I think it was (it may have been a Chausson) and the seats were so wrinkly and saggy they put Norah Battys tights to shame! Might be the right time to think about having your seats reupholstered properly?

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
On a previous van, I was tempted to remove the covers but everyone on here said it would be a nightmare. We called in a mobile carpet and upholstery cleaning service. They were great, amazed at the grime they got out, small job they did between other jobs, very reasonable.

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
I removed the one I could on my old hymer and washed them in the machine on a cool wool wash with soap flakes. They came up like new. Fabric was a tweed effect and faux suede. The fixed covers I couldn’t remove I used tepid water and oxy wash sponged on, clean water to rinse and left to dry.

This product is brilliant as a degreaser on fabric but test an inconspicuous area first...

4F7A29CC-CC45-4C5A-8D97-07B1CE10FBE8.jpeg

Spray on, nail brush really soiled areas and wipe with a damp clean cloth.

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
3 choices
Dry clean
Try with Elbow Grease
Buy covers.
Buy the seats from the van hit bridge post.

I am going to buy the rear section as I need a trailer.

OP
OP
Craig Mileo

Craig Mileo

Free Member
Oct 16, 2019
Finchingfield
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 331
Exp
1 day!
I removed the one I could on my old hymer and washed them in the machine on a cool wool wash with soap flakes. They came up like new. Fabric was a tweed effect and faux suede. The fixed covers I couldn’t remove I used tepid water and oxy wash sponged on, clean water to rinse and left to dry.

This product is brilliant as a degreaser on fabric but test an inconspicuous area first...

View attachment 340453

Spray on, nail brush really soiled areas and wipe with a damp clean cloth.

Yeah thanks guys that is really helpful.
I also appreciate all the other responses; this seems a really friendly club/forum. I'm glad I joined

OP
OP
Craig Mileo

Craig Mileo

Free Member
Oct 16, 2019
Finchingfield
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 331
Exp
1 day!
Hi Guys - I thought I might provide you with an update
Unlike Marquis, with whom I struggled a little, Benimar themselves (in Spain) were particularly helpful; and they informed me that the covers could indeed be dry-cleaned or simply put in the washing machine (low temperature/mild detergent) at home?

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
When we take delivery of a new motorhome we spray the upholstery with Scotchguard, (other brands are available).

We have found that marks are easily removed with a damp cloth. Last week we discovered two marks where drops of tea had been missed from the previous day. A quick rub with a damp sponge it looked good as new.

When you have improved your grubby seats to your satisfaction it may be worthwhile trying this. (Test spray an inconspicuous area first although we have never had a problem on any type of material).

OP
OP
Craig Mileo

Craig Mileo

Free Member
Oct 16, 2019
Finchingfield
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 331
Exp
1 day!
When we take delivery of a new motorhome we spray the upholstery with Scotchguard, (other brands are available).

We have found that marks are easily removed with a damp cloth. Last week we discovered two marks where drops of tea had been missed from the previous day. A quick rub with a damp sponge it looked good as new.

When you have improved your grubby seats to your satisfaction it may be worthwhile trying this. (Test spray an inconspicuous area first although we have never had a problem on any type of material).

denis724c38

Free Member
Jan 21, 2020
Funster No
MH
Class B+
Exp
since 2017
I think you start by dabbing with water to see if the stain clears up a little or Rinse cleaning solution from stain by dabbing with a sponge wet with cold water...maybe that could help...It tried this before myself...

OP
OP
Craig Mileo

Craig Mileo

Free Member
Oct 16, 2019
Finchingfield
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 331
Exp
1 day!
Actually I removed the covers, put them in a washing machine on a 'silk' was and air dried them. There was zero shrinkage and they came up like new. Awesome

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back