Grrr! SFR Fon login problems iboost7 (1 Viewer)

Apr 9, 2013
Ayr
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Probably done to death eslewhere but on my tiddly phone so excuse me posting afresh.

Plenty of SFR WiFi signal. Iboost brings up SFT customer login with a small link for existing Fon customers. Link just won't open. Of course all the links to buy more access work perfectly. :-(

Help!

Tim

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Try clearing your cookies then have another go. I've known it take a few mins to open the link but once logged on works fine.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Afraid , as I said in another thread, with no roaming costs and free wifi nearly everywhere, bars and stuff, fon as had its day.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Afraid , as I said in another thread, with no roaming costs and free wifi nearly everywhere, bars and stuff, fon as had its day.
Don't think so depends where you are and how much you want to spend on data. We have been right out in the sticks in France data signal too slow to use but with my long range aerial cracking fast Fon connection.
We always have both available.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs

I have logged onto for 4 days in a row in the highlands soIm pleased its around.

On the SFR page theres a link right at the bottom for fon. Make sure its that you click.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
timdownieuk
Apr 9, 2013
Ayr
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I have logged onto for 4 days in a row in the highlands soIm pleased its around.

On the SFR page theres a link right at the bottom for fon. Make sure its that you click.

Oh I'm doing that, it's SFR playing silly buggers and not honoring the FON agreement I think.

I went for a walk to find the hotspot and tried logging in without my iboost. Exactly the same problem. I could BUY data but the link to the FON login is broken. :-(

Feb 13, 2013
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Rapido 881F
Exp
Since 2015
If you are using a mobile do you have the Fon app installed? If not when you have a connection it is worth downloading as you just start the app and use it to log on. Did it this way for the last 3 months when in France and it would log on automatically when walking in villages etc.

Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
Oh I'm doing that, it's SFR playing silly buggers and not honoring the FON agreement I think.

I went for a walk to find the hotspot and tried logging in without my iboost. Exactly the same problem. I could BUY data but the link to the FON login is broken. :-(
I had that a couple of years ago. In my case it was solved by logging in with my 'My BT' login details rather than my primary BT address. Having said that I'm convinced in my own mind that SFR do restrict Fon access. I do still occasionally use Fon but our main online access is a 3 PAYG SIM card via a Mororhome WiFi 4g aerial and wifi dongle. It's just there.

Malcolm

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back