Grrr, Adult only website + Children visiting... (1 Viewer)

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Grrr, Adult only campsite + Children visiting...

I am on an Adult only CL.

My neighbours have visitors with 3 kids who are now rawping around, kicking a football and generally making a lot of noise round the side of my van...:Angry:

I am trying to concentrate on work which I have to get finished today...:Angry:

They did give me some entertainment earlier as they were messing with the horses. They got caught by the electric fence and one of the horses snorted a load of grass laden snot all over another....:ROFLMAO:

If they had come onto the site and gone straight into my neighbours van I wouldn't have a problem with them... Why do people think it is ok to bring children onto an adult only site and then let them run around, kick a football and be noisy?

Last edited:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Bah Humbug............

Sorry Karl, it made me smile........I have three Grandsons and they drive me up the wall sometimes, next time I'll send them up to uncle Karl's cl.......:ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Gromett
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I now have a three year old crying it's head off not 5 meters from my van:Angry:

Popeye, I really don't mind kids when they are in suitable places. I love my 3 nephews and enjoy spending time with them. I however take them to play parks and leisure centers NOT adult only campsites or Pubs...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Here you go...
cattle_prod.jpg

OP
OP
Gromett
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Since when have capacitors been classed as solid state?

Sorry just being picky, unwanted kids get me that way:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Adults only website?????

I have never stayed on one of those.::bigsmile:

OP
OP
Gromett
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Adults only website?????

I have never stayed on one of those.::bigsmile:

Well spotted Treacle:thumb::thumb::thumb: (Fixed)

Anyway, after standing outside my van chatting, shouting and laughing they have finalled F$£"$ed off:thumb::ROFLMAO:...

I can now get on with my work...

My previous thread about wildcamping and destressing can safely be ignored now. If I was wilding this afternoon I would have started the engine and moved elsewhere... Not so much an option when you have paid good money...

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
My nightmare is pulling up on a site with x 2 kids and have a grumpy Victor Mildrew next door.
I suppose we were all kids once?

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
You could always lounge in the sun in your birthday suit.

When challenged, explain it's adults only! They will soon clear off!:thumb:

Or give you a perv-bashing!:roflmto:

thehutchies

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
The Wheelèd Shed
Funster No
MH
Exp
Gromett is absolutely right to be annoyed by kids being allowed on an adult site, just as I would be by complaints about kids on a family site.

Two gay blokes arrived camping (sorry :Smile: ) beside us recently and were telling me how peaceful the site seemed.
Then my wife arrived with our kids and a couple of cousins for a sleepover.
The guys' eyes grew wider and wider as six kids climbed out of the car and trooped into the van!

With a little mutual consideration, though, a great time was had by all :thumb:

OP
OP
Gromett
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
My nightmare is pulling up on a site with x 2 kids and have a grumpy Victor Mildrew next door.
I suppose we were all kids once?

I think you might be missing the point here. The site is adults ONLY. No kids allowed. Some of us like peace and quiet and look for adult only sites so we don't have to go all Victor Meldrew....

If you see me on Rallies you will know that I am fine with kids and am happy to have them around.... However when I specifically need/want peace and quiet I choose adult only sites and think it is extremely rude and inconsiderate to not only bring children onto an adult only campsite but then to get the football out and play noisily with them...

PS: I am sure you wouldn't book onto a campsite that says adults only, you are way to considerate to do that aren't you?:thumb:

Last edited:

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
40 yrs and still not got a release date
I have four children (that I own upto). I love children but I like parents to look after their children. When I say look after them I mean don't send them off to play near someone elses space..............

And what are they doing on an adults only site? Your site owner has breached the advertising standards..........................:Angry::Angry::Angry:

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Im with you Grommet ,
if i had paid for an adult only site and had to put up with what you did , i would have been p'd off. You normally pay more for such sites too.
Dont get me wrong i love our kids , and other well behaved ones , but if i was on an adult only site i would expect it to be adult only. At all times. Letting them run about kicking a ball making a racket it as you say taking the Michael.
Finally as our kids are older now, we dont get plonked in the middle of the family area .
Not that we stay on big noisy sites that often. Only when we fancy a swim , of do some washing::bigsmile:

If it was a dog free site , would they allow visiting dogs to run around ?
Maybe the other campers were on a permanent pitch , they seem to get away with more.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Has the site manager/owner gone on his holidays too ?

find him and get your point across loudly.

a family site is just that...family, an adult site is for adults only.

cant have an adult only site with kids present. :Doh:

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Mate the second they appeared outside with their football, you should have been hammering on the C/L owners door:Sad:

Kids or no kids, love 'em or hate 'em, What don't they understand, it's only two words,

ADULTS ONLY

yorkshirepudding

Free Member
Nov 7, 2009
Pudsey/Leeds
Funster No
MH
Thinking of tenting again
Exp
September '09
I recently stayed on an adults only site at Thornton le Dale which allowed no under 18s on site. Some noisy adults around though, some people don't realise how sound carries.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Especially country western music played all day , loudly in an awning :shout:

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Mate the second they appeared outside with their football, you should have been hammering on the C/L owners door:Sad:

Kids or no kids, love 'em or hate 'em, What don't they understand, it's only two words,

ADULTS ONLY

Nearly missed the 'Adults Only' I thought you were going to offer two other words............................
:RollEyes:

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
Hopefully when there is a kids only site- old guys will be banned too,and let us young at heart all play football together:thumb:

OP
OP
Gromett
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Hopefully when there is a kids only site- old guys will be banned too,and let us young at heart all play football together:thumb:

If it is a kids only site believe me I would respect that rule and not go on that site :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
May I respectfully suggest that a solution might be to ask the older child if he/she would mind if the younger two children came into your van to see your puppies and have some sweeties...

He/she would race off to tell the parents faster than Billy Whizz and all three kids would be off the site before you knew it... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

JJ :Cool:

M1TCH

Free Member
May 15, 2011
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
May I respectfully suggest that a solution might be to ask the older child if he/she would mind if the younger two children came into your van to see your puppies and have some sweeties...

He/she would race off to tell the parents faster than Billy Whizz and all three kids would be off the site before you knew it... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

JJ :Cool:
So would you mate down the local nick branded a perv and put on a register :ROFLMAO:

Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
We stayed at a CL site in Newhaven a couple of weekends ago which the owner went to great pains to explain on the phone was adults only.
The Motorhome opposite us had children to stay overnight. We too did nothing other than mutter to ourselves. It bothered us enough to waste time muttering about it but not enough to mention it to the Owner or the fellow Motorhomers.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I agree with Karl.. 100%

If it's advertised as an adults only site and the owner has allowed kids then he is in breach of his own T&Cs .
I would put this to the owner and ask for a refund as he is in breach of the contract.. If you broke the rules they could order you to leave.. a contract is a two way street..

OP
OP
Gromett
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
It a very small CL and the owner works so wasn't here for my 4 hours of discomfort.

To be honest I have stayed here many times and never had an issue so I won't complain about this one off event.

However if the same people do it again I would mention it to him as I passed.

If this was a regular thing I would just stop coming. Life is too short to get stressed by everything.

Within half an hour of them going I was back to my good natured self and the Victor Meldrew part of me had gone back to sleep...:ROFLMAO:

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Bit of a worry when MrsShiftZZ like the ' Can you use it on husbands as well"

Right this needs some serious thought, earthing, non conductive underpants, how about one of those anti shark suits? Welding goggles.

I could always do a pre-emptive strike...

" I have run the bath for you dear, would you look after this toaster while I go and get some coal?.Yes I know its still plugged in, how else can you get it to toast?"

Now if I get into trouble I can always Google the Ecuadorian Embassy or find a commune for ex pats in Morocco... I have a secret compartment in the shower to hide my lump hammer..
I could become a HR lawyer for ex pats in Morocco, a few Moroccan Woodbines, job done..

Where the hell do I get this rubbish from,,,,, dark room and old episodes of Emerdale farm for me...

MrJinks

Free Member
Sep 1, 2008
Dorchester, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
6 years
It a very small CL and the owner works so wasn't here for my 4 hours of discomfort.

To be honest I have stayed here many times and never had an issue so I won't complain about this one off event.

You should let the site owner know. If he is not aware he cannot correct the situation.

As always someone thinks the rules do not apply to them.
I often get people staying asking if their grandkids can visit. I usually say they can visit for a short time but must stay in van. This is often questioned but I try to explain we are adults only for a reason....the site is bordered by a stream and insurance will not cover us unless adults only. Plus everyone else on site is probably staying here because we are an adults only site. On more than one occasion I see the kids then running around the site and I have to be the Victor Meldrew. :swear:

I always think that some people want the peace of an adults only site but still think it ok for their kids/grandkids to visit or to be around.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back