Growler (1 Viewer)

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
I heard the alarm is now a cough and sneeze...

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
I thought the Cobra was an old adapted car alarm sold as a motorhome alarm and pretty useless, whereas the Growler is the dogs doodahs ?
Maybe I got my wires crossed ???

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I thought the Cobra was an old adapted car alarm sold as a motorhome alarm and pretty useless, whereas the Growler is the dogs doodahs ?
Maybe I got my wires crossed ???
Spot on. I had to get my useless “alarm” removed and replaced - the Growler is a first class bit of kit ?

NickandClair

Free Member
Apr 30, 2018
Taunton, Somerset
Funster No
MH
The Dark Side!!!!
Exp
Since 2001
LOL, just to clarify, his Cobra alarm system was indeed removed from the Devon and replaced with the Strikeback EVO Growler system :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.
Glad that you are pleased with the installation, you know where we are if you need us.
Cheers
Nick.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Chris CM

Chris CM

Free Member
Jan 28, 2019
S.E.Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Devon Aztec XL PVC
Exp
Since 2015
Yes, it’s the Cobra which was useless! It was subject to random false alarms, usually at 3 in the morning. The interior sensors only worked if you were in the cab, I could wander around in the back with no result so if anyone had come through the rear/side windows (smash and grab maybe?), then it wouldn’t sound.

I didn’t give upon it immediately, when DAZ, my van, was in for its yearly habitation service the dealer got an Cobra alarm engineer down from Bristol to Plymouth to try and sort it, he replaced the internal sensors, then a few days later, at 4am off it goes again! At this stage I decided to cut my loses and go for a Growler.

As Figaro says the problem is that the Cobra is a car alarm. It can’t cope with 3 times (at least) the interior volume. The alarm wasn’t fitted by Devon, the converter, but aftermarket by the previous owner so I suppose I was “lucky” that the dealer was prepared to pay for the engineer to come and look at it, though to no effect!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back