LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Yeah I did and there apparently isn't other than replacing the SIM or remembering to take the SIM out, put it in a mobile and take it into range then access it then put it back in the non-starter. Pain in the ass! Its not controlled by Vanbitz, its the SIM providers that are the problem.
From Nick -
Quote "Yes the best option for you would be replace the SIM card with one that works in your area, or one that you could use in a compatible phone as you suggest. It may be a good idea to set up a reminder every couple of months on your phone to ensure that it doesn't happen again?
The new "Non Starter MT" SIM isn't backward compatible with your Non Starter system." Unquote
Because of time issues on Pay As You Go (PAYG) introduced by the service providers the new Non Starter is on a contract

If you have a specific issue with signal in your area, I would think the most practical solution would be for you to get a SIM on the cheapest annual contract you can?

That would solve your problem surely?

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Because of time issues on Pay As You Go (PAYG) introduced by the service providers the new Non Starter is on a contract

If you have a specific issue with signal in your area, I would think the most practical solution would be for you to get a SIM on the cheapest annual contract you can?

That would solve your problem surely?
Eddie. Is it a case of just popping in a new SIM and away you go, or do you have to activate first on a phone before you put it in? The Lebarra one we have occasionally plays up, which means it can take several hours to lock and unlock. Also at 19p per text or call it has become a tad expensive now that we have European roaming.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back